- "Handy in emergency situations."
- ―Zip Gun description (from Aliens/Predator Collectible Card Game)
The Zip Gun was a custom-built semi-automatic pistol used by the crew of the Betty in the 24th century. Like all of the weapons utilized by the Betty crew, it was chiefly designed with concealment in mind, and it could be easily smuggled through military checkpoints undetected. When not in use, the weapon was concealed about Vriess' P.T.V..
The Zip Gun was a compact, custom-made pistol that could be easily smuggled through security checkpoints owing to the fact it could be concealed, as with most of the weapons used by the Betty crew, within the motorized P.T.V. used by Vriess. Despite its size, the pistol was powerful enough to do major damage to an Auton. Nonetheless, the Zip Gun remained a short-ranged small arm and was most effective in close-quarters combat.
Behind the ScenesEdit
Like all of the weapons created for Alien Resurrection, the Zip Gun was not built around any existing firearm but was fabricated completely from scratch. This was a markedly different approach when compared to the fictional weapons that had appeared in the film series previously, all of which were constructed around functional, real-world weapons. In fact, the Zip Gun props contained no genuine firearm components whatsoever and were therefore incapable of firing blank ammunition. Instead, at least one prop was able to fire pyrotechnic charges that simulated gunfire on set.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Aliens/Predator Collectible Card Game — Alien Resurrection Expansion Set — 122. Zip Gun (1997), HarperPrism.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 144 (1997), Warner Aspect.
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 9 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ "Trade Cards Online - Zip Gun". Retrieved on 2013-10-07.