- Main article: Charon Base
- Unnamed armored environment suit
- Main article: Project Chimera
Project Chimera was a top-secret research program run by the Z.C.T. Corporation at Charon Base. Under the direction of Professor Ernst Kleist, Project Chimera sought to splice Xenomorph DNA with that of other, more docile species, the aim being to genetically engineer tame hybrid creatures that would be peaceful towards humans and could be controlled by them. The ultimate hope was to develop a tame Queen that could be used as a mechanism to control other Xenomorphs.
- Main article: Spliced Xenomorph
- Main article: Rogue (Xenomorph)
The Rogue was the final product of the gene splicing experiments being carried out by Professor Kleist at Charon Base under Project Chimera. Although Kleist had achieved significant success genetically engineering tame Warriorr hybrids, he encountered severe setbacks when attempting to create a hybrid Queen, including many attempts that were born horribly deformed, eventually perishing as a result of their mutations. The breakthrough came when Kleist incorporated human DNA in the hybridization process, using genetic material taken from John Cray. The result was the Rogue, an enormous and hugely powerful male Xenomorph "king" that it was hoped would act as a tame counterpart to naturally-occurring Queens.
- ↑ Sandy Schofield. Aliens: Rogue, p. 6 (1995), Bantam Spectra.
- ↑ Ian Edginton (writer), Will Simpson (illustrator). Aliens: Rogue #2 (1993), Dark Horse Comics.