Wikia made the Theme Designer tool available today, so I took a shot. The main background is black. I went for a blood theme with the links and buttons changing them to green and dark red. As well as readability, I was trying to keep the colors complementary. Thought the links (in green) should be pretty visible while the buttons (Like "Edit this page", "Preview" etc.) didn't have to stand out as much. Went with a sort of a neutral gray Wikia header (Top of the page). Working on logo next. Personally, I think we could use a new one; something that reminds everyone that this is a "Science-Fiction Horror" genre. Me? I'm feeling a little bloodthirsty...---CadmiumX99 16:14, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
It's a great improvement on the place setter layout to say the least and helps to make things at least feel a bit more normal again. Good on you. It's a shame about the old background images. They were just gorgeous. Hope you can get up to something like that again.
Things I miss desperately from the old format:
1) The history tab. (Also, currently the pop-up list that comes out of the little most recently edited tab in the upper left corner of any article is unreadable.)
2) The "What links here" tab. (it was invaluable in my cross-referencing fo the comics creators posts I'm doing.)
Don't know if there's anyway to access such info still.--SpaceWuss 17:40, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Yep. Bottom right hand corner. Click on "My Tools" for "History" and "What Links Here". PS Changed Header color, better, easier to read?---CadmiumX99 03:36, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, you're a life saver. The purple is an awesome touch. The main "xenopedia" title is a bit antisceptic and emotionless right now. Could use some flare. Look forward to seeing what you do with it. Overall, you're getting this place back on track better than an American ecomony. :)--SpaceWuss 16:53, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Glad you like the purple! Hope it makes that teeny print pop out some more. In the Theme Designer, I picked the large "Orbitron" font for the wordmark ("Xenopedia"). You can also choose a graphic mark for the title of your wiki (check out Wookieepedia) but it wouldn't upload the pix. More ideas? PS I swear I'll get those buttons rockin'. I thought the buttons on the Stargate Wiki (SG Command) look pretty cool. ---CadmiumX99 18:04, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Good stuff. I've mostly just got my head down working on the comics pages.
- The "edited by" tab that pops up on the upper left corner of an article is still unreadable. It pops out with a clear background which jumpes its text up with the text of the article underneath.--SpaceWuss 20:30, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
recent wiki activity on the homepage would be good
I think the "recent wiki activity" box would be a useful addition to the homepage.--SpaceWuss 20:46, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- "Wiki activity" button in the upper right.----CadmiumX99 04:43, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
Number of articles
If anybody sees this, you may have noticed a dip in the number of articles. Don't freak out, I've just been weeding through Special:UncategorizedCategories. There's some junk in there, including a lot of unnecessary or inappropriate stuff, and even a few misplaced pearls of wisdom...----CadmiumX99 04:43, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
the Thing Wiki
Hay im just after starting a Thing from another world Wiki its a fan page for John Carpenters the Thing , the prequal, the origanl 1950s one and also the comics and the game. Any fans of the Thing please join up and help me make a page just as good as xenopidea.
In-universe style/ verb tense
I think it would be more consistent to keep all "in-universe"-style articles past tense, as in "The concept of the Hunt was", "The Crucified Predator was"--- Imagine the in-universe articles as describing historical events and people that existed sometime in "the past". Use of past/present/future tense in Real world "behind the scenes" articles would depend on the real life situation. What do you think?----CadmiumX99 18:13, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
The toy of the predator hound is in sale? I see the toy in a picture time ago and I don't know, please, I need know.
--Tracker predator 03:45, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
hello, my name is miguel elerson. I'm a new writer of predator books. I've just completed three of a four book series of witch the fourth book is a series in itself. The title "Predator/ Mankind" the "Queen" is the first book. It tells a little about their origin and how they evolved. "Mankind" is the second book, witch describes how they got a science professor to deveop weapons that were aquired from other species in their travels and how Mankind ultimately stopped a war between two neiboring planets. The third is called "The second son" which depicts the result of being turned into a permanant resident of the Predator's planet. They are a good read i'm told, but i'd like to get the true critic's of the series (you guy's) to look it over. If i can find the original writer's of the predator's and get the ok to release my material, i'm sure you'll be entertained. Just a teaser; The predator's planet has four moons, on one of the moons are the serpents. they live thousands deep and come in all sizes. the moon was originally used for a mold factory where they made armor and weapons, but the serpent numbers grew too large to protect the workers effectivly. In mankind, he needs the use of the factory and the warriors are on alert from an eminant attack so the cadets are used to clear the plant and hold the serpents back until the new weapons are cast. Several serpent queens are present but only one is brave enough to face one of the queen's twin sons. The cadet's blaze a path throug the plant using smart bombs and new netting traps, fully-auto blasters are exausted until the barrells melt and have to be replaced. In the main molding room atop a large machine sits a serpent queen. T-one walks to the middle of the floor to provoke her into battle. He is successful in his attempt for she rips herself free of the womb and approaches him in anger. He removes his mask and draughs his blades. She whips her tail just missing his shoulder and circles him trying to get him off balance. The second lunge allows him to get under her stomach and jab his blades under her jaw. He jumps into the air and flips her onto the top of her head driving his blades into the ground. He brakes the blades off and stands back to watch her die. The other serpents retreat to the dark walls of the room but stay to watch over the eggs. T-one walks over to the wall and flips on the power. the room lights up and he turns to mankind: go to work, the cadets will handle any threats.19:20, April 18, 2012 (UTC)19:20, April 18, 2012 (UTC)~~
I've been seriously overhauling Xenopedia's policy pages over the last few weeks, replacing the existing rules article with a bunch of separate, more specific pages. Seems a lot of this stuff wasn't actually written down anywhere before. Now we have something official to fall back on.
As this is the basis for our formal rules on here, I'd like to get as many people as possible involved in the policies, it wouldn't be a great idea to have just one person create the whole thing. Any thoughts/contributions/suggestions, leave them on the relevant policy talk page(s).-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 14:48, December 8, 2014 (UTC)