|This page describes one of Xenopedia's policies and guidelines.|
All users are expected to follow policy, except where it would damage the wiki.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.
While any user on Xenopedia can edit and create articles, upload images and more, certain users on Xenopedia have access to additional functions to keep the wiki running smoothly. These users are called "Administrators", or "Admins" for short.
However, all editors are equal, and Administrators should not be considered as being "in charge". Administrators can help resolve discussions, but they are there to uphold good behaviour, not to to tell other users what to do. However, if you do see evidence of users being disruptive or otherwise vandalising the wiki, the Administrators are the people to whom you should report this behavior.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, uploaded images and videos.
- Protecting a page so it cannot be edited. Protection comes in two levels — pages can be set so that only registered users can edit, or can be fully locked so that only Administrators can edit.
- Quick reversion ("rollback") of undesirable edits.
- Blocking disruptive editors and vandals.
- Editing the wiki's interface by changing system messages and skins.
These functions are solely for housekeeping purposes. The community looks to Administrators to perform the essential chores that require the extra access they are entrusted with. However, otherwise Administrators are the same as any other users, and are expected to be well-tempered in all respects.
Becoming an Administrator
Administrators are selected on an as-needed basis only. Although there are currently no openings to become and Admin, as Xenopedia grows, more may be needed to assist in its operation. Administrator positions can be filled via Requests for Adminship.
|Leigh Burne |
|The Cruentus |
|Toa Quarax |