The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 3,542 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Aliens: Defiance is an ongoing 12-issue limited comic book series that is being published currently by Dark Horse Comics. It is also being published simultaneously in the digital format via Dark Horse Digital. The story is written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Tristan Jones and Riccardo Burchielli, inked by Tristan Jones, colored by Dan Jackson, lettered by Nate Piekos and edited by Spencer Cushing, with cover art by Massimo Carnevale. Stephanie Hans, Sachin Teng and Mark A. Nelson also provided variant covers for the first issue.
The series, set between Alien and Aliens, tells the story of Zula Hendricks, a rookie Colonial Marine who goes A.W.O.L. to defend the Earth from the Xenomorphs. The series is being released alongside the tie-in short story Aliens: Defiance - Extravehicular, produced by the same creative team.
In the Aliens comics line, Aliens: Defiance was preceded by Aliens 30th Anniversary: The Original Comics Series, and published concurrently with Aliens: Defiance - Extravehicular and Aliens: Life and Death.
The first trailer for Alien: Covenant.
Grid Headbites Celtic in Alien vs. Predator.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Brett actor Harry Dean Stanton had to pass on the opportunity to play the bartender in Stanley Kubrick's film The Shining, which has been called one of the best horror films of all time, due to commitments with Alien, which has also been called one of the best horror films of all time.
- An ice cube tray was used in the construction of the tracking devices seen in Alien. As a reference to this, the motion tracker in Alien: Isolation also includes an ice cube tray as part of its design.
- During the scene in Aliens where the Colonial Marines land and deploy in the APC, Sergeant Apone tells the Marines they have 10 seconds until they arrive. If you count from Apone's line until the first Marine jumps out of the carrier and his boots hit the ground, it really is 10 seconds.
- In Alien, Bolaji Badejo didn't play the Alien in two of its most iconic scenes; stuntman Eddie Powell played the creature as it swooped on Brett and snatched Dallas as Badejo found the harness for Brett's scene too restricting and the vents were too small for him to fit into.
- It took four actors to portray the Alien in Alien — while Bolaji Badejo was the Alien in most scenes, Eddie Powell was the creature when it attacks Brett and Dallas, Roy Scammell performed the stunt of it being ejected from the shuttle and Percy Edwards provided the creature's vocals. Scammell is the only one of the actors still alive today.
Read more >
Alec and Tom talk about the design of the cloned Xenomporphs as well behind the scene politics.
Lex Woods File (fan fiction)
After a trip to Antarctica, Lex gets a small place in West Virginia and studies her dads notes. She finds the island was …Read more >
Some dude by the name of 'Hybrid Network' on youtube is suddenly making all of these Alien/Predator theory videos, and then pretends to pass them dow…Read more >