Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Building a better future."
- ―Company slogan
"Building a better future"
|Founded by:||Charles Bishop Weyland|
|Years active:||21st century|
|Notable members:||Charles Bishop Weyland|
|Major activities:||Robotics, nanotechnology, pharmaceuticals, space exploration, off-world colonization|
Weyland Industries was a British industrial business that existed in the twenty-first century. Along with the Japanese Yutani Corporation, it was one of the antecedents to the Weyland-Yutani conglomerate. The eponymous Charles Bishop Weyland was the chairman of Weyland Industries during the early 21st Century.
Weyland Industries' logo is a nod to the Weyland-Yutani logo as seen in Aliens and the subsequent video games based on the film. Likewise, the company's slogan — "Building a Better Future" — is a reference to Weyland-Yutani's tag line — "Building Better Worlds".
According to the Alien vs. Predator novel from author Marc Cerasini, Weyland Industries were worth $375 billion, and, by 2020, were expected to be the first to build a base on Earth's satellite, the Moon.
Merger and FutureEdit
In 2030, Weyland Industries was headed by a man known only as Mr. Weyland. At this time, Weyland Industries bought out Borgia Industries in a hostile takeover following the death of the latter's senior directors. Sometime after this, Weyland Industries would also acquire the Yutani Corporation, thus forming the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.
Behind the scenesEdit
Crew members working on Alien vs. Predator were given a blue baseball cap that features the Weyland Industries logo on the front and the stylized "AVP" on the rear. The caps were distressed for style purposes by the original makers of them and a cloth adjuster at the rear allows the cap's size to be adjusted to fit a wide range of head sizes.
- Weyland Corp and its founder Peter Weyland from Prometheus appear to contradict the Weyland Industries origin portrayed in Alien vs. Predator. When Prometheus writer Damon Lindelof pointed this out to director Ridley Scott during the film's production, Scott made it clear that he had no intention of following the timeline laid out in the Alien vs. Predator films. It remains to be seen if this is an official retcon of events. However, it seems that at least the change in the company's name was intentional — in Jon Spaihts' original script for Prometheus, titled Alien: Engineers, Weyland Corp was still referred to as Weyland Industries, the name used in Alien vs. Predator. This was subsequently changed in later drafts.
- ↑ Marc Cerasini. Alien vs. Predator, p. 47 (2004), HarperEntertainment.
- ↑ Marc Cerasini. Alien vs. Predator, p. 67 (2004), HarperEntertainment.
- ↑ Paul W. S. Anderson (writer and director). Alien vs. Predator (2004), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ http://www.propstore.com/product/alien-vs-predator/blue-crew-cap-5/
- ↑ "CraveOnline - Fundamental Mysteries: Damon Lindelof on Prometheus". Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- ↑ "Alien: Engineers" by Jon Spaihts