Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Alien vs. Predator, Weyland 14 was portrayed by a model made by Richard St. Clair. The miniature was based on a Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin; another Eurocopter helicopter, the AS350 AStar, appears less than 2 minutes earlier in the film.
Christoph Schinko was responsible for the modeling and animation of Weyland 14's helicopter blades "to help speed up production towards a tight deadline." Using a simple trick for animating rotating blades, multiple sets of helicopter blades were created and rotated at different speeds, creating the typical strobing effect. Some blades even move backwards to enhance the real-life effect where, for example, car tires appear to be rotating backwards. This occurs when a single blade rotates more than half the distance to the next blade over a single frame. The brain is then tricked into thinking this must be the second blade, and it is perceived as moving backwards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Marc Cerasini. Alien vs. Predator, p. 47 (2004), HarperEntertainment.
- ↑ http://www.cavok-aviation-photos.net/Helimeet03.htm
- ↑ http://richardsmoviestuff.blogspot.ca
- ↑ http://www.rotaryaction.com/a.html
- ↑ http://www.christoph-schinko.com/#Animation-Feature_Films-avp-07
- ↑ http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sea_King_HAS6_taking_off_from_HMS_Illustrious_(R06)_2002.jpeg