The Weyland-Yutani Commandos were an elite special forces troops privately owned and deployed by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. A group of these commandos was notably dispatched the Fiorina "Fury" 161 aboard the USCSS Patna in 2179, under the command of Michael Bishop, in an unsuccessful attempt to recover a live Xenomorph specimen from the Fiorina 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit.
The commandos provided security for Michael Bishop and his team of Weyland-Yutani Bio-Weapons Divison researchers and scientists, sent to the Fiorina 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit aboard the Patna with the intention of capturing the Runner Xenomorph that was loose there. However, they arrived too late, and the Runner had already been killed by Ellen Ripley and the lone prisoner survivor, Robert Morse.
Knowing of the Queen embryo inside Ripley, Bishop sought to acquire her cooperation, but his plans were essentially undone when the commandos opened fire on Robert Morse, hitting him in the leg. Another survivor, guard Francis Aaron, subsequently attacked Bishop with a metal bar and before Bishop could call his men off the commandos gunned Aaron down for his actions, killing him. Ripley ultimately committed suicide to prevent Bishop acquiring the Xenomorph, just as Dwayne Hicks and Stone arrived at the facility to witness her death. The commandos subsequently captured Hicks, Stone and Morse before leaving the planet empty handed.
The Weyland-Yutani Commandos on Fiorina 161 were clad in full-body Apesuit body armor, designed to protect them from Xenomorph attack and the creature's acidic blood in particular. Several of the commandos were armed with M41A Pulse Rifles finished in black, while others carried more rudimentary nooses and snares to help them capture the Runner.
- The backpacks worn by the commandos were made by Simon Atherton, better known as the man who constructed the practical Pulse Rifle props used in the filming of Aliens (and subsequently reused in Alien3).
- In the novelization of Alien3, the commandos are armed with Smartguns instead of Pulse Rifles.
- The more lightly armored commandos armed with nooses (presumably to help them capture the Runner) in the film are often referred to as "Dog Catchers" by fans, owing to their distinctive equipment.
- In Stasis Interrupted, the ending of Alien3 is recreated as a cutscene. However, the game's Weyland-Yutani PMCs are used to stand in for the commandos. The PMCs also use green M41A Pulse Rifle MK2s instead of the black M41A Pulse Rifles seen in the film. This was presumably done to avoid having to make a new character model for the Commandos and is not intended to be a retcon of Alien3.
- Some combat androids in the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator are equipped with armored helmets very similar to those worn by the commandos, most likely an homage.
- The back of the helmet of at least one of the commands appears to have "ANIMAL" written on it.
Behind the scenes
- Weyland-Yutani PMC — A more general private military force used by Weyland-Yutani.