Hi, welcome to Xenopedia! Thanks for your edit to the Carter J. Burke page.
Now I have an offer for you but first I need some questions answered and I need you to be absolutely honest, it won't get you blocked or banned so don't worry.
1. Have you ever been blocked or banned before and if so, what was the reason?
2. Have you ever been warned before and if so what was the reason?
3. have you ever been in a heated argument with someone on a wiki or forum?
4. skip this question if the answer for above is no, Do you often get into arguments?
5. Would you say you're an active member?
6. What is your purpose on this wiki?
7. Are you a rule abiding member?
The reason for the questions is that we need to know if you are suitable but first before you answer the questions, we need to know if you would like to become an admin. If The answer is no, you need not bother with the questions. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 11:31, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
Your last statement seems fair enough. But unsupported theories are what gives the fans more to think about. I understood what I was doing wrong so I moved it from the main article to the trivia section, that got binned yet there is nothing to support the current top note either. For some reason the proper information I put in at the top then you removed when it was trying to fill the gap that made no sense at all. Same with the 'Deacon' history.
Fan Films. Edit
I noticed that you put tags for deletion on the fan films and I agree, feel free to start deleting them but we could perhaps have a blog that lists the fan films as even wikipidia names some of the fan films in a section (related articles) This would not be fanon per se but a blog page that simply shows the list of unofficial films made. So before you delete the pages, copy and paste it to a blog page. It is up to you though, you can delete them entirely without making a blog or delete them but have them on one singular blog page titled "unofficial films", I don't mind either way. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 14:12, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
New Sidebar Templates? Edit
Greetings. I've noticed the templates on articles seem to be red links or loops and do not display correctly. Would you be opposed to me creating some new sidebar templates that could be implemented into articles? To make things easier, these new sidebar templates would have "sidebar" in front of them (e.g. Template:Sidebar actor). Please feel free to forward this request to any other admins as well. Thanks!--Trip 22:32, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
Mysquadala 17:18, August 25, 2012 (UTC) Thank you I like your xenopedia wiki
Wiki Projects and guidelines. Edit
So far your edits have been sound but when reverting, sometimes its best to give a reason, that way a person may not counter your revert and will instead take it to a talk page. I have not seen the other admins on here recently, so I will tell you (in case you don't know) about what us admins are planning to do and/or currently doing. We are scanning the wiki pages to root out speculation, unconfirmed info. Making sure info is sourced, not all can be sourced obviously but we must do as much as we can. When removing fanon pages, copy and paste it to the original poster's page before deleting (you already know this since I told you didn't I?)
I'll be editing a bit more and scanning and improving pages since recently I have just been monitoring the wiki.
Now I you may already know the rules but just to help you deal with situations in blogs and talk pages with one or more members.(should you find yourself monitoring or involved in one)
Make sure members don't:
1. Insult other members.
2. Insult the member back. (what a person should do is report them, not get revenge.)
3. Make false claims/accusations. As like above, can be considered as an insult.
4. Threaten other members.
5. Argue, especially heatedly, tell them to agree to disagree and walk away.
6. Bullying. Obviously this goes without saying.
7. Take the law into their own hands, they must come to an admin.
If members carry on then give them an official warning, if again repeated then block them.
Make sure members do: 1.
Agree to disagree if an argument is about to happen or is happening.
2.Respect other members opinions.
3. Respect other members.
4. Go to talk pages if having an edit conflict.
5. Source their edits info if possible.
6.keep their calm when debating in blogs and talk pages.
Best subjects to monitor are those on canonicity, it is a notoriously sensitve subject which can cause a lot of arguments. We also get some spam blogs too, those need to be deleted as soon as you can see them.
Recent events made me want to put the guidelines here because I am not even sure if some members even bother to read the rules or get to know them, by putting these here, you have something to guide your hand and to let others unaware know of the rules. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 15:08, August 25, 2012 (UTC)
Just Telling You in AdvanceEdit
Me and Cruentus are having a disagreement on the Chestburster and Predalien (Earth) page. I may need you help, hes being belligerent and refusing to go to the talk page when i asked.Werebereus (talk) (Contribs) 20:47, September 4, 2012 (UTC)+
- He warns me for editing warring while Edit warring himself. He says at the first sign of conflict, one should go to the Talk Page (A rule I was actually unaware of hence my previous bans) but does not act on his words. I shot down all his arguments to the point he had nothing more to say -- just silently undid my edits. He's not a very good Moderator in my honest opinion, no offense.
- He argues it being able to reproduce makes it a Queen.
I counter that means nothing and that its being able to reproduce is Random Side Effect of the Predator DNA. This information can be found in "Inside the Monster Shop". I dont have the book, but there is a snippet of that peice on Chet's talk page which you can read.
- He says Crests = Praetorian = Queen.
The Charger alien has a very prominent Crest yet it is merely an advanced warrior alien -- not a young queen. Also, Predators have crests, which Chet could've inherited from its hosts, albeit an enlongated version.
- He says it makes "Queen Sounds".
That makes absolutely no sense and is entirely incorrect. The Predalien's roar was costum made from the combined cry of an elephant and another creatuer (this can be heard in the interview).
- And he compares me to WAVE, which is a blantant insult. He knows I dont like the other user and that certainly wasn't going to get a positive response out of me -- we are supposed to be civil on this Wiki and i do not appreciate being compared to him.
I warned Werebereus for edit warring, he did not go to the talk page. I told him to stop edit warring and he instead kept changing the page to what he wants. The strause bros have indeed called chet a him, but also a she now this is contradictory but add the fact the they also called it a young queen and it reproduces and it adds weight. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 20:54, September 4, 2012 (UTC)
Actually we do not know if the charger is a advanced warrior, not much news has been told of it. The first members should do it read the rules, I was right after all troop, some members do not even read the rules, I shall when given time, past the rules on member's page.
- The Gameformer article states that you wont be fighting the same Warrior types before. So it IS a warrior, just a different type. The article also says its a mutation. The Crusher is a Mutated Warrior. It's not a praetorian, so stop adding that do the article Cruentus. Once again, you are incorrect. YOU dont know, but I DO.Werebereus (talk) (Contribs) 20:30, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I never said it was a praetorian, read more carefully in future and stop being arrogant , also just because they say you won't be fighting the same warrior types as before that does not mean that the crusher/charger is a warrior, the spitting xeno in the game is based of the runner which is not classed as a warrior.
Chet made queen noises in the beginning of the film, to be specific, when its molting.
- Chet turns from a chestburster to a Queen. It doesn't molt anywhere else in the film, so what are you talking about?Werebereus (talk) (Contribs) 20:30, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes it does, in the beginning before it kills the predators. Watch the film.
Not all crest signify queens but it depends on the shape and other evidence. I am not simply calling it a queen because it has a queen, hell I am not calling it a queen at all. My personal opinions on the it is irrelevent on a wiki and so we go buy evidence. filmaker's word and reproduction (no other predalien does it). Also no other predalien has crests, they have the usual banana style head that just ends in a point and they have dreadlocks swept back.
- I've already told you that Reproduction was a random mutation. Multiple times. Are you blind? Why wont you read and acknowledge that sentence? And Crest shape doesn't prove anything: if so, give me proof. Where is it ever said this is true? You'll not find a source because one again, you are SPECULATING.Werebereus (talk) (Contribs) 20:30, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Provide source for that "random effect" then. Speculation is information unproven etc, unless you're blind you should easily be able see to the crest and I am not saying just crest = queen, What I am saying is crest + reproduction + director's words = possible queen.
I did not silently undo your edits, I told you in the summary the reason why along with a warning to not edit war which you ignored. You did indeed know that you were supposed to take it to a talk page rather that edit war because I told you about this age ago when your block ran out so not say you did not know.
- Yes you did. When you undid my Chestburster edit, you didn't put anymore defences because you know you're wrong.Werebereus (talk) (Contribs) 20:30, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- No, summaries are not meant for arguing, so I stopped getting involved in the argument.
You may not like TI154th but you both have a go at admins when warned ergo you have similarities but I apologise if you are insulted by it, was not my intention. Now you were warned for edit warring which is not abuse of power, just calm down and relax. Some pages have to stay the way they are if there is no solid fact that can justify a change. The directors are contradicting themselves or perhaps they were just hiding the predalien from views until the film came out etc either way that leaves the reproduction and it's preatorian like crest which other predalien do not have. If you have a source for that book then please provide it and I shall add it to the predalien page. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 22:01, September 4, 2012 (UTC)
- What you talking about? There are NO YOUNG PREDALIEN QUEENS. 'YOU are the one posting controversial information. If you KNOW the Directors are contradicting themselves then WHY would state something you don't know for sure? Who CARES if other Predaliens dont have it? If you haven't noticed, each Predalien is unique somehow. I've already TOLD you where to book is. Look and the Predalien's TALK PAGE, and stop being insolent.Werebereus (talk) (Contribs) 20:30, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Provide source. The page stays as it is until there is solid fact that favors one side more. directors comments possibly contradictory but include the fact that it reproduces and adds weight. The directors themselves said it was a young queen. everytime you delete that info, you make the page imply all predaliens can reproduce and there is no evidence for that. Also depending on the production status, certain info may be trivil as ideas change. One original idea was for the predalien to die in the beginning. Now if you continue to edit war and be uncivil then I will have to block you. So why don't just behave yourself and calm down. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 20:53, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Im not "implying" anything. We said plain as day on Chets article he was the only one who could do the reproduction thing (which still means nothing by the way). Your arguments do not and never have "held any weight" and unlike you interview, I can actually prove the strause brothers said all those things, i mean, really said them. You can't claim this, so my video interview holds more weight than a written one.Werebereus (talk) (Contribs) 20:45, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Sources are sources, written ones are not less than video ones, the strause brothers had lots of interviews, so do not remove them again. My arguments do have weight and are backed up by those sources. You may not be impying anything but the page did when you deleted info. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 21:15, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
AVP game series Edit
Someone added a page that says Alien versus Predator game series & all it says is "this crap" (which I removed). Could you please remove this page for it is no help to this wiki whatsoever thank you. Mysquadala 22:39, September 7, 2012 (UTC)
Monday Special Project Edit
I will be gone for the weekend but I would like to run this by you. Before my time off... I was working on the Alien pages, adding more precise detail, specifically places the Alien had been spotted and I also mentioned the Bio-Imperative. The reason I am doing this is because unlike starwars and wookiepedia most of the places that Aliens are found at in the story do not have a event specific name, Example Battle of Hoth, Battle of Endor, ect. So is we want the reader to get the whole detail of what has been going on in the Alien Predator universe we should put the names of the places the Aliens have been on. Eventually the planets themselves will get a page, and when people click on the planet on the alien page it will reveal more about the storys in the Alien Predator universe.
I also think that we should label the aliens the gender that they really are which is Hermaphrodite. Their storys with Aliens having male sex organs... You see though the species is meant to adapt to any condition or threat they are around, they are designed to procreate in anyway they can. Here is an example the Queen is not female, unless it changes because of the Bio-Imperative, it is asextual in this configuration, the reason we think of it as a female is because the tittle Queen is something Humans give to royal females. We should keep the pages more accurate to what he creatures are and not what the writers have written the characters to call them.
- Just a quick note. I had renamed the Egg page Ovamorph, this is the scientific name given to this creature in the Colonial Marines tech manual, and in the lore about the Ovamorph in Alien vs Predator Extinction. It is not a fan made term. I want to change it back or at the least change the name of the page to "Egg Ovamorph."
For the sake of preventing disruptions and arguments not to mention as far as we know they are not called hermaphrodites, the gender should remain either as unknown or unclear. Hermaphrodite usually means a creature possesses both sex organs, aliens usually have none but if that alien in a one shot book had only male sex organs then it would normally be classed as male though depending on ones view, the aliens have no gender, the queen by human terms would be female but it is actually asexual as it does not mate with anything. As for the ovamorph, I had heard the name before but it was what they called a facehugger, not an egg. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 13:17, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
New wiki project Edit
Hello Troopdude, I am starting up a new project for us admins to help improve this wiki even more than it has in these past few months, you don't have to help if you do not want to but your help along with the admins would be desired and honestly needed.some details of what we can do to improve the wiki is in the blog I created and if you have your own ideas on improving the wiki then that will be good as well. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 12:03, October 15, 2012 (UTC)
Wiki Project 2012 Edit
Wiki Project 2013. Edit
A new wiki project is up if you're interested, I also removed a misplaced question from an unreg user that has edited your profile. Wiki activity is not bad but we could some more, especially on the citing source front. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 19:43, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry, I owe you an apology for undoing many of your recent edits. When I saw you undoing much of the rearranging and formatting I had done on those articles, I jumped to conclusions. I have had problems recently with immature people uniformly undoing my work on other wikis because it changed their own work, irrespective of quality, and upon reflection it's clear that is NOT what you were doing. I have now (I believe) reinstated most if not all of the constructive alterations you made (please check), whilst also reverting the changes I had issues with, which mostly concerned altering layout standards that I have been working hard to make consistent across all articles on here. Consistency is one of the best ways to make a wiki look professional, so when you alter how a quote is presented on one page, it puts it at odds with how quotes are presented on hundreds of other pages. As I said, I'm sorry for jumping down your throat over this, I hope there's no hard feelings, and please let me know if you want to discuss it further.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:51, April 18, 2013 (UTC)