- Yeah, I've noticed, but I just haven't had time to read through them all yet (although I did go through the one on the Warriors from Aliens). I'll definitely give them a read at some point.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 09:06, March 16, 2015 (UTC)
- If you're using the VisualEditor, click on Insert, then Media and upload your photo.--Toa Quarax(Talk) 02:13, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
- No problem, thaaks for contributing!-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 07:44, April 3, 2015 (UTC)
Grid's pic Edit
I saw the new picture of the Grid Xeno....I'm sorry but i'm gonna have to disagree with this change....In the old pic it had a zoom in on it's face where you could clearly see it's most defining feature, this pic just looks like jumbled up body parts.....Permission to revert it?
- Xenopedia policy is to use an in-film screenshot for the title image on character pages — the previous image was a behind-the-scenes photograph. I disagree that the new version "looks like jumbled up body parts", you can still see it's Grid, but you are of course welcome to try and find a better snapshot from the film!-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 08:27, April 13, 2015 (UTC)
Leigh, Sorry for writing on another post but I'm having trouble sending you a new Transmission, it seems to overwrite what was previously written, not sure why this is happening, it had never happened before. JANN ELDERPREDATOR (talk) (Contribs) 09:50, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Huh, that's strange... It told me you posted a message on here but then before I could reply it said you'd you removed it again! Try again perhaps?-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 10:14, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah I don't know man, I removed it because it was showing me like your entire talk page was erased once it sent, so I undid it...let me try once more JANN ELDERPREDATOR (talk) (Contribs) 10:17, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Ah yeah, I've had that happen before. It's just a glitch. If it happens again, click Edit, don't change anything and hit Publish again, and it should fix it.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 10:33, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Leigh how's everything?
Been gone for a while since my fifteen year old dog passed, so I've been dealing with that amongst other things.
Also did you want me to make a few more edits for the new logo I was designing or is that last version good?
- Ah, really sorry to hear about your dog. We lost ours earlier this year. Sad but he was a good old age so not completely unexpected, and at least he was happy and healthy up until the end.
- Feel free to try tweaking the logo some more if you want! I've actually been really busy of late trying to smarten up the comic book pages on here (all, like, two hundred of them) because they're one of our biggest problem areas, so I haven't had much time to think about anything else! It's been a bit of a marathon.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 10:33, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks man I really appreciate it. Sorry about your loss as well, they definitely become family so it is indeed very difficult. Mine was very happy and healthy overall, up until the final week of his life (wasn't eating etc.) but at least he passed in his sleep at home. Dogs should live like 30-45 years lol. Also at least both of our dogs were old and happy till the end.
Cool will do! Any particular things you'd like me to try and improve on it?
No worries my friend, if you need any covers or anything I can try and help when I have time if you like, I have thousands and thousands of AvP images that I hope to eventually upload unto here, just takes a while lol.
Lastly can't wait for Predator in Mortal Kombat X! Played it yet?
- Fortunately Dark Horse Comics' website is proving a great asset, they have digital copies of the covers from virtually every comic (and every issue) they've ever published, so I've been able to fill in the ones that were missing on here no problem. But of course feel free to upload any cool images you have in your collection. During my digging around I even found a couple of comics that we had no pages for at all, so I've created those and added them to the various lists on here.
- I'll be honest, I'm not a great fan of beat-em-ups (I'm not sure I've played a single one made for any platform post-SNES!) but I am quite intrigued by the Predator making a guest appearance in the new one. I'll keep an eye on it for sure. Maybe we can even get an article set up for it; after all, we have one for Call of Duty: Ghosts thanks to the Predator's playable appearance in that.
- As for the logo, it looked pretty good to me, but if you can think of anyway to improve it by all means give it a go. I'm very nearly done with the comics pages, actually; once I'm finished I intend to start a blog post regarding the replacement of the current logo with the new one, to see what other people think.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 11:34, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Oh yes! Dark Horse's website is great! Besides all the great documented info, they also have some really great HD wallpapers, seen the Fire and Stone ones?.
Yeah I don't play much fighting games but I have been a huge Mortal Kombat fan since I was really young, and although Predator makes no sense in the MK Universe it's still gonna be a lot of fun to have my favorite character (next to the Alien and Engineer) in my favorite fighting game series lol! Yes I was thinking the same thing, once he's out I'll play him a few million times and then create an article or add info to it if it already exists.
Yeah personally I think it looks just fine, pretty satisfied with the latest one ;P
- Ah I didn't know they did wallpapers too, I'll have a look at those. I was planning to explore the site a little more now that I'm done with the comics.
- I'll get on the blog post in the near future.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 08:44, April 22, 2015 (UTC)
How have you been my friend? Sorry I've been a bit absent from the site, just had a lot going on. Just noticed that our logo is now the main one! Awesome, it looks great :)
Once I get more active here again, I want to create an article for the Mortal Kombat X Predator, been playing that quite often since release. Now there are guest Predators in Mortal Kombat and Call Of Duty, hopefully they'll make a new Predator or Aliens vs. Predator for next gen consoles soon haha.
- Heya! Good to see you back. No problem about the absence, I stopped contributing so much for a while, either because I was away or just too busy, but I've been slaving away at tidying up the comic book articles lately. To be honest, I was hoping for some more input on the logo switch, but the wiki's really quiet at the moment. Still, the new one does look quite good!
- That sounds great. If CoD: Ghosts gets a page then MKX really should too, but I don't have the game so I'm probably not the best person to do it! Just follow the CoD page as a guide — it should mostly focus on just the Predator stuff rather than the game as a whole, because this is still an AVP wiki. A new AVP game would be great, I'm hoping Isolation's success will encourage them to develop more games in the franchise. And I'm still waiting for that stand-alone Predator game! Concrete Jungle was so long ago :( -- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 07:52, July 15, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes life gets busy or things get in the way and you barely have time to do the things you love. A friend of mine recently died about 2 weeks ago, and he was only 37, so me and another friend we had in common kinda miss him, but he loved to have fun and was pretty laid back, so I'm sure he'd be happy if we didn't get all sad lol. His favorite thing was Terminator so we always say that at least he saw Genisys which he actually really liked haha. Real funny dude.
Awesome! I'll be sure to check out the comic articles you've improved! I've actually been wanting to do a full extensive article for Elden like the one I made for Ahab, gotta get around to that sometime.
Agreed! I feel the new logo represents the entire AvP Universe even Giger quite beautifully :)
Sounds good my friend, I will get around to the MKX soon hopefully.
Yes I really would love a new AvP or Predator game! And I agree hopefully Isolation will inspire them to make more Alien/Predator games. I thought AVP: Evolution (iOS) was phenomenal game for not being a major PC/console game. Yeah Concrete Jungle was ten years ago :( lol
- Ah, I'm so sorry to hear that. 37 is no age. I'm glad it sounds like you're holding up OK though. Like you said, he probably wouldn't want you moping around. Glad he got to enjoy Genisys at least!
- I haven't done a whole lot to the actual content of the comics pages, just added infoboxes, added cover images for the ones that didn't have them, cleaned up the intros and created articles for the comics we were missing (I think I've got them all now). They could still use quite a bit of work — almost none of them have character articles or detailed plot summaries — but as someone who doesn't read comics I'm afraid I can't really help out there! The pages at least look a lot smarter now. My big project at the moment is the Aliens magazine article, which was a real mess and full of "we don't know" stuff. I'm actually collecting the magazine as well, so the list of contents is looking far more complete now, at least for the issues I have. At the same time I'm reading through the old novels, adding plot summaries to those because almost none of them have any.
- All good fun by my wallet isn't happy :'( Haha.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 08:06, July 16, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah too young indeed. You're absolutely right, and yeah at least he got a chance to enjoy the latest installment to his favorite franchise!
Oh ok cool, yeah I did something similar with the games a while back, small changes like that make big difference though, good job! Yeah I have all the comics, so I'll see I can help out sometime by adding pictures and useful info :)
Awesome! Yeah I have a lot of those but they're locked away in a collection furniture I built that I haven't been to in years lol (also have those huge 1995 Medicom Alien and Predator hand puppets amongst other AvP things in there), but that's great!
The classic novels are good reads, do you own most of them? If not I'll see if I can assist I know have all of those, I'll look for them if you need help with any (Aliens, Predator and AvP)
Haha yeah most AvP collectible will make wallets cry...I recently purchased the Weyland-Yutani Report so that definitely hurt my wallet lol.
- Oh wow, the W-Y Report? I'm seriously having to fight the urge to buy that! Not sure I can justify spending over $300 on a book but damn do I want it! It looks awesome.
- I'm pretty sure I've told you before that I'm not a huge comic book guy, but Aliens magazine interests me because of all the other articles in it, plus the awesome cover art — while I don't necessarily like reading comics, I do love the beautiful cover artowrk they often have! Plus, lover of comics or not, I do really wanna read the Alien3 adaptation, which I now have courtesy of the Alien3 Movie Special spin-off. Haven't had a chance to read it yet though. I'm considering picking up the Alien Resurrection comic afterwards too, if only to complete the set. (I already have Alien: The Illustrated Story; that really is a great comic!)
- As for the novels, I only have the Aliens books up to Labyrinth for now, but I fully intend to buy more when I get through the ones I have. I'm just finishing off Alien Harvest at the moment. Some of them are definitely better than others, but they've all at least been entertaining reads. And of course you're welcome to help out if you'd like!-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 08:43, July 17, 2015 (UTC)
Lol yeah it was very expensive, haven't began reading it as of yet but I couldn't hold myself I pre-ordered I believe in October lol
Yeah I know exactly what you mean man!, some cover arts are just astonishing! And very captivating! Also yes the Aliens magazine has good articles. Yeah I have all of the Alien 3 comics individually, love their cover art too! Just last year I purchased a large art print of one of the covers from that series, along with a huge 27x40 poster of the comic Aliens versus Predator: Eternal, can't remember if I have Alien 3: Movie Special I probably do I that furniture. Ah yes! I have the Alien: Resurrection one as well, one of my local comic shop has a ton of those! For like $3.50 each lol
I love Alien: The Illustrated Story! If I remember correctly I have the original and a re-release, it is indeed fantastic my friend!
I agree some are better than others but all are entertaining reads though as you say. I'll go to my book shelf and then see what's missing here on the site for some and add some info :)
(If not this week soon, just been crazy busy lol)
- I am so seriously tempted to get the W-Y Report. Thinking I may cave at some pint lol. I'm really damn jealous that you have a copy! Maybe after I've got the last two issues of Aliens magazine I'm missing... :) -- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 18:55, July 19, 2015 (UTC)
AVP-R images Edit
Hey Leigh, I will be uploading some photos from AVP Requiem soon and when I am able to, be aware that some photos may look the same but one version will be from the blu-ray. I took from different version to see what would be best and/or suitable. -- The Cruentus(Talk) 15:47, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Hey there! First of all, my condolences for owning that movie :P In all seriousness though, that sounds great, those pages have some of the worst images on the site. Generally I'd say the Blu-ray pictures should be better. Higher resolution and all that. Instead of uploading two of everything maybe you could deleted the one you decide is inferior after you've tried them out? There shouldn't really be any need for two copies.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 17:01, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Errm... hi. Did you want anyting in particular?-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 08:33, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Please add the Characters category to the In-universe articles category Edit
Concrete Jungle Edit
I recently found some surprisingly high-quality HD playthrough videos of it on YouTube, so I'm going to be replacing existing low-quality images with screencaps from them. It won't get done overnight, but I'll work on it periodically. You can check out quality of the new images on the Lucretia Borgia, Baby Blew, and Dark Blade Clan pages. Ghost Leader (talk) (Contribs) 06:15, July 20, 2015 (UTC)
- I noticed, and was just on my way to your talk page to thank you! Great job, those images really needed smartening up. Keep up the good work!-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 08:00, July 20, 2015 (UTC)