Alien: Covenant - Origins is an upcoming 2017 novel written by Alan Dean Foster and published by Titan Books. It will be a prequel to the film Alien: Covenant. According to Foster, the book contains "some unique original material... An unusual approach that's never been tried before in a novelization".
Foster also wrote the novelisation of the film.
As the colony ship Covenant prepares for launch, and the final members of the crew are chosen, a series of violent events reveal a conspiracy to sabotage the launch. Yet the perpetrators remain hidden behind a veil of secrecy. The threat reaches all the way up to Hideo Yutani — the head of the newly merged Weyland-Yutani Corporation — when his daughter is kidnapped. Is the conspiracy the product of corporate espionage, or is it something even more sinister?
While Captain Jacob Branson and his wife Daniels prepare the ship, Security chief Dan Lopé signs a key member of his team, and together they seek to stop the technologically advanced saboteurs before anyone else is killed, and the ship itself is destroyed in orbit.
- Alien: Covenant - Origins will be the fifth novel Alan Dean Foster has written for the Alien franchise, and the first original story — all of his previous efforts had been film novelizations.
- When first announced, it was erroneously reported that the book would be an "official sequel" to the film. Foster later clarified that it was in fact a prequel, taking place before the movie.
- Alien: Covenant — The 2017 film.
- Alien: Covenant (novel) — The novelization of the film, also by Alan Dean Foster.
- ↑ "Google Books - Aliens: Bug Hunt". Retrieved on 2017-04-05.
- ↑ "AVPGalaxy - Alan Dean Foster to Pen Alien: Covenant Novelization!". Retrieved on 2016-09-29.
- ↑ "Titan Books - Rights Guide, Fiction". Retrieved on 2016-10-31.