Private Trevor Wierzbowski, nicknamed "Ski", was a member of the United States Colonial Marine Corps, part of 2nd Battalion Bravo Team. He was a member of the combat unit deployed to LV-426 aboard the USS Sulaco in 2179, to investigate the sudden loss of contact with the colony of Hadley's Hope. He subsequently perished as a result of the Xenomorph infestation at the colony.
Wierzbowski was part of First Squad's rifle team, along with Private Crowe. He was lost during the early stages of the operation, although it is unclear if he was killed outright or taken and later impregnated with a Chestburster.
Inside the Atmosphere Processor at Hadley's Hope, Wierzbowksi was one of the first to come to the aid of Private Frost and Corporal Dietrich when the Marines were first ambushed by Warriors, not realising the bag containing the section's confiscated Pulse Rifle ammunition was on fire at the scene. Corporal Hicks attempted to pull Wierzbowski away from the explosion, but the blast still knocked him off of his feet. He was later violently attacked by a Xenomorph and either killed or carried away to be a host.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Private Wierzbowski was probably the most reserved member of the unit, rarely making himself noticed, but rather listening to others and doing his job.
Wierzbowski was outfitted with standard issue M3 Pattern Personal Armor, including a humorous "Spare weapon" tag painted on his crotch protection, and an M10 Pattern Ballistic Helmet for protection. His armor was also equipped with a TNR Shoulder Lamp attachment for illumination, and he carried an M240 Incinerator Unit as his primary weapon on the Hadley's Hope mission.
Behind the ScenesEdit
Originally, more footage was filmed of Wierzbowski being injured by the explosion of the ammunition in the Hive. Additionally, Hicks helped prop him up against a wall afterwards before going to check on Crowe. This footage was not used in the final film, nor was it reinstated in the extended Special Edition.
- After Lieutenant Gorman's briefing, Wierzbowski can be seen flipping Gorman off after hearing the unrealistically tight time limit imposed upon the Marines for preparations (right hand side of the screen, hands only).
- In the comic Aliens: Newt's Tale, Wierzbowski is taken alive to be cocooned during the ambush instead of Apone.
- There is a website dedicated to Wierzbowski called Wierzbowski Hunters. Something of a running joke in fandom is that out of all the Colonial Marines featured in Aliens, the "Wierz-man" gets the least amount of screen time, to the point of having essentially no significant lines.
- Ironically, despite his status as arguably the least significant Marine in the film, Wierzbowski is one of the more vocal characters in the movie's novelization; prior to his death in the Atmosphere Processor, Wierzbowski speaks many of the lines eventually given to other characters in the film. Furthermore, the novel states that, out of all of the Marines, Ripley liked Wierzbowski in particular.
- Wierzbowski's name implies he is of Polish descent.
- Before the release of Aliens: Colonial Marines, Wierzbowski was rumored to be the surviving Marine featured in the game's story, although this role was ultimately fulfilled by Hicks.
- When Hudson notices that Dietrich and Apone are alive, he doesn't mention Wierzbowski, so he may have been killed outright by the Warrior that attacked him.
- Aliens/novel (First Appearance)
- Aliens: Newt's Tale (mentioned only)
- Aliens: Nightmare Asylum (indirect mention)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James Cameron (writer and director). Aliens [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ Aliens: Newt's Tale
- ↑ Apone refers to Wierzbowski as "Ski" on at least two occasions in the film.
- ↑ Aliens: Infestation [Nintendo DS]. WayForward Technologies and Gearbox Software.
- ↑ James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd, Gordon Carroll, David Giler, Walter Hill, Stan Winston. Superior Firepower: The Making of 'Aliens' [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ "Weyland-Yutani Archives". Retrieved on 2013-04-19.
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster (1986). Aliens novelization. Warner Books, Inc., 117.