|"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind!"|
"Where, man? I don't see shit."
- "I've broken the rules, but I've always known what's the right thing to do. Until now."
- ―Tagline for Trauma
|Release date(s)||December 2, 2014|
|Rating||ESRB: M (Mature)|
Trauma is a singleplayer expansion for Alien: Isolation and was the fourth piece of DLC for the game. Trauma is set during the events of Corporate Lockdown and allows players to play as chief medical officer K. Lingard as she attempts to collect medical supplies for her camp as well as destroy all trace of her research on the Xenomorph so it doesn't fall in the wrong hands.
The DLC was made available on December 2, 2014.
It features three maps: "Reoperation", "Crawl Space" and "Overrun".
- "I'm leaving the camp and returning to San Cristobal. Some of my research about the incident has been stolen and I have to destroy whatever's left."
It is revealed in Reoperation that Lingard has been part of a camp during the Xenomorph outbreak on Sevastopol Station, though medical supplies are running low with numerous survivors in need of them. Additionally, she realizes that some of her research files have been stolen and needs to destroy the rest of them before anyone else can get to them. Once arriving at a section of the medical facility, she discovers that it has been destroyed and vandalized with graffiti. Whilst being hunted by the Xenomorph, Lingard sees Ransome in an upper section of the medical facility where all her research was kept. Lingard initiates an emergency hazard cleanse in the sector, with the area exploding and Ransome fleeing the scene. Lingard also collects some remaining medical supplies and later leaves.
- "I've managed to pick up what supplies remained and I'm returning to camp. I'm taking a detour to try and avoid trouble."
Lingard, in hopes of avoiding any conflict with the Xenomorph or any other threat on the station, attempts to take a different route within a ventilation shaft. Unfortunately, the shaft is invested with Facehuggers and Lingard uses a newfound flamethrower to combat them. When taking a different course, Lingard stumbles across a small hive which she quickly leaves after picking up an engineer's report. Once leaving the vent, she sees that her exit is covered in noxious gas, with two Working Joes wandering the area as well. After grabbing a gas mask off of a corpse, Lingard manages to vent out the gas and take her leave in an elevator, returning her to the camp.
- "I've made it - the camp is in sight. I just hope I haven't left it too late. Too many people need these supplies."
Once arriving at the camp, it is revealed that a horde of androids have infiltrated the camp and slaughtered its inhabitants, making Lingard the sole survivor. After a series of grave encounters, Lingard manages to access the emergency lockdown and flee in an elevator.
Her fate afterwards is unknown.
- Because of the fact that Corporate Lockdown and Trauma both take place in the same timeframe as each other, it could be suggested that there is more than one Xenomorph hunting Lingard and Ransome in both their separate areas. However, it is much more likely that a single Xenomorph was hunting both of them simultaneously and it later went on to exclusively hunt down Ransome, as Lingard only encounters the Drone in Reoperation.