Titan Publishing Group is an independently-owned British publishing company based in London. It was founded in 1981. Titan has been responsible for publishing Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator novels since 2014, taking over from DH Press, and is also the current reprint publisher of Dark Horse Comics' Aliens, Predator and Aliens vs. Predator comic book material for the UK market. In the latter regard, Titan serves as successor to Trident Comics, which played a similar role in the 1990s.
Titan Publishing Group is an independently-owned publishing company, established in 1981. It is based at offices in London's Bankside area, close to Tate Modern. The Books Division has two main areas of publishing: film & TV tie-ins/cinema reference books; and graphic novels & comics reference/art titles. Titan Books' editorial director is Katy Wild.
Titan originally came to prominence as the first British reprint/trade paperback publisher for long-running UK comics anthology series 2000 AD's lead character Judge Dredd in the 1980s. After losing it in the 1990s, they would again gain the license for collected Dredd story reprints from 2001-2004.
The company has expanded dramatically over the years, though, and now also republishes works from other US comics companies including DC Comics, and produces original content for the UK.
In addition to holding the UK licensing rights to the A/P/AVP lines, Titan Books now has a n expanding backlist of over 1000 graphic novel titles in their catalog and well over six million copies sold to date. They republish a wide range of titles from a wide range of US publishing companies, using licensed characters and properties such as Batman (DC Comics), Superman (DC Comics), Heroes (DC Comics/Wildstorm), Sandman (DC/Vertigo), The Simpsons (Bongo), Star Wars (Dark Horse), Transformers (IDW), and World of Warcraft (DC Comics/Blizzard) from American. And Tank Girl (Deadline, DC/Vertigo, IDW), Roy of the Rovers (IPC/Fleetway) and Nemi (Strand Comics) from the UK.
Titan Books' range of fiction continues to grow, with official novelizations of films such as Terminator Salvation in 2009, along with ongoing series of original novels based on TV shows such as Primeval (UK) and Supernatural. In the UK in 2008 they have also published the movie novelizations for recent films such as Iron Man, The Dark Knight and X-Files: I Want to Believe.
Titan also publishes high quality 'coffee table' books on animation, popular culture, collectibles and comic and fantasy art. Their 2008 lead title is Watching the Watchmen, Dave Gibbon’s visual account of the genesis of the acclaimed bestselling graphic novel, Watchmen, featuring hundreds of rare and unseen illustrations from his personal archive.
Also published in 2008 by the company is The Cream of Tank Girl, a lavish art book that celebrates the 20th anniversary of Alan Martin and Jamie Hewlett's anarchic creation.
The company also reprinted original 1979 film companion The Book of Alien in 2003.
- Main article: Titan Comics
Titan Comics is the imprint of Titan Books responsible for publishing comic books and graphic novels. Titan Comics has published a handful of Aliens comics.
- Alien: The Special Effects by Don Shay and Bill Norton
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual by Lee Brimmicombe-Wood (reissue)
- The Book of Alien by Paul Scanlon and Michael Gross (reissue)
- Alien: Out of the Shadows by Tim Lebbon
- Alien: Sea of Sorrows by James A. Moore
- The Art of Alien: Isolation by Andy McVittie
- Alien: The Archive by Mark Salisbury
- Alien: River of Pain by Christopher Golden
- Alien: Invasion by Tim Lebbon
- Aliens: The Set Photography by Simon Ward
- Aliens: Bug Hunt
- Alien: Covenant by Alan Dean Foster
- Alien: Covenant - Origins by Alan Dean Foster
- Alien: The Cold Forge by Alex White
- Alien: The Blueprints by Graham Langridge
- Predator: Incursion by Tim Lebbon
- Predator: If It Bleeds
- The Predator: Hunters and Hunted by James A. Moore
- The Predator by Christopher Golden
Alien vs. Predator
- Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon by Tim Lebbon
Titan Publishing's official website: http://titanbooks.com/