Timothy Tipping (born Tim Tipping; February 13, 1958 – February 5, 1993), better known as Tip Tipping, was an English film and television stuntman and actor who played Private Crowe in the 1986 film Aliens. Other notable films Tipping appeared in include Hamburger Hill (1987), Batman (1989), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) and several films in the James Bond and Indiana Jones series.
Tipping died on February 5, 1993, aged 34, in a parachuting accident at Brunton, near Alnwick, Northumberland, while filming for the BBC documentary series 999. He is interred in the churchyard at the Church of St Peter and St Paul, Wadhurst, East Sussex.
|1982||Who Dares Wins||Uncredited; with Alan Polonsky and Denise Ryan|
|1983||Octopussy||Uncredited; with William H. Burton, Jr., Clive Curtis and Eddie Powell|
|Never Say Never Again||Uncredited; with Clive Curtis and Eddie Powell|
|Krull||Uncredited; with Nick Gillard and Eddie Powell|
|1984||Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom||With Denise Ryan|
|1985||Brazil||With Clive Curtis and Ian Holm|
|My Beautiful Laundrette|
|Underworld||With Phil Davis|
|Return to Oz|
|Lifeforce||With John Lees and Denise Ryan|
|Death Wish 3||With Mac McDonald and Ricco Ross|
|Eleni||With Denise Ryan|
|Buster||With Ralph Brown, Vincenzo Nicoli and Eddie Powell|
|The Zero Option||Uncredited|
|Willow||With Simon Crane, Nick Gillard, Eddie Powell and Roy Scammell|
|1989||A Dry White Season||With Mark Anthony Newman|
|Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade||With Simon Crane, Nick Gillard, Paul Maxwell and Eddie Powell|
|Bearskin: An Urban Fairytale|
|Batman||With Carl Chase, Simon Crane, Clive Curtis, Christopher Fairbank, Leon Herbert, Mac McDonald, Mark Anthony Newman and Eddie Powell|
|1990||I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle|
|Bullseye!||With Nick Gillard and Helen Horton|
|1991||Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves||With Simon Crane, Clive Curtis, Nick Gillard, Mark Anthony Newman, Eddie Powell, Denise Ryan and Michael Wincott|
|Let Him Have It|
|Blue Ice||With Simon Crane, Phil Davis and Ian Holm|
|1993||The Young Americans|
|Son of the Pink Panther||With Robert Davi, Nick Gillard and Mark Anthony Newman|
- Tipping was a member of the SAS (Special Air Service, Britain's elite special forces regiment) before becoming an actor and stuntman. SAS personnel were involved in training the Marine actors in Aliens so that they could convincingly portray soldiers on-screen.
- Owing to the relatively small pool of talented stuntmen in Great Britain during the 1980s and early 1990s, Simon Crane, Clive Curtis, Nick Gillard, Mark Anthony Newman, Eddie Powell, Roy Scammell, Trevor Steedman and Tip Tipping often worked together on high-profile action films made in the UK during that time. Many of these films were shot at Pinewood Studios.
- Tipping is one of few people to have worked on both the "official" Eon James Bond series and Warner Bros. competing 1983 Bond film Never Say Never Again.
- ↑ "Tip Tipping - Biography - IMDb". Retrieved on September 13, 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Stuntman Killed in Parachute Jump", February 6, 1993. Retrieved on [[August 1, 2014]].
- ↑ "Tip Tipping: Difference between revisions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". Retrieved on September 13, 2014.
- ↑ "User talk:184.108.40.206 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". Retrieved on September 13, 2014.
- ↑ "AvPGalaxy - Alien Encounters Convention Cast Panel Video". Retrieved on 2013-05-23.