Timothy "Tim" Bradstreet (born February 16, 1967) is an American comic book artist and movie poster illustrator who worked on the comics Aliens: Music of the Spears and Motorhead #1 for Dark Horse Comics. He also provided original artwork for the Alien3 Collectible CardArt trading card set.
He would come to be known for incporporating photography and photographic reference into his striking cover images. For Dark Horse Comics, he also illustrated the iconic cover images of Imperial Fighter pilot Baron Soontir Fel for issues of the popular Star Wars: X-Wing - Rogue Squadron series.
Born in 1967, in Cheverly, Maryland, Bradstreet has also illustrated movie posters, roleplaying games and trading cards.
Bradstreet entered the comic book industry in 1990, working with industry veteran artist/writer Tim Truman on Dragon Chiang.
His work on role-playing games has included GDW’s Twilight 2000 and FASA’s Shadowrun. Bradstreet’s work on White Wolf’s Vampire: The Masquerade garnered him much critical praise. This, in turn, led to the addition of many major comic book publishers to his clientèle. He has since drawn for scores of comic and game related projects including Activision's Vampire: Bloodlines video game, Dark Horse's Hard Looks and Another Chance to Get It Right (with author Andrew Vachss), Star Wars, Clive Barker’s Age of Desire, Marvel's The Punisher and Blade, and Vertigo’s Gangland, Unknown Soldier, Human Target, and Hellblazer. Bradstreet was awarded the 1996 Best Artist award by the International Horror Guild He was nominated for the 2005 Art award for the International Horror Guild for his Hellblazer covers. Bradstreet has also been nominated for the 2002 Best Cover Artist Eisner Award for his Hellblazer covers.
In 2000, he joined director Guillermo Del Toro as a conceptual artist helping work on the visual design for the film Blade II. In 2003, Bradstreet worked on a number of movie posters for the Marvel/Lions Gate film, The Punisher and also worked on the black and white stop motion animated scene set in Kuwait for the extended cut DVD.
Bradstreet was also the regular cover artist for two books, Marvel’s The Punisher and Vertigo/DC’s Hellblazer. He has created over 70 covers for both books in the past five years.
In 2006, the British heavy metal band Iron Maiden used Bradstreet's design for the cover of their album A Matter of Life and Death.
Tim Bradstreet's official websites
- PopImage Interview, Oct.2000
- Tim Bradstreet talks 'Batman/Deathblow,' other projects, Comic Book Resources, August 1, 2001
- April 2007 Interview with Tim Bradstreet for Sequential Tart Webzine
- Tim Bradstreet, Two Decades - Part 1, the Early Years, Newsarama, September 22, 2008
- Tim Bradstreet - 20 Years, Part 2: Starting as an Artist, Newsarama, September 24, 2008
- Tim Bradstreet - 20 Years, Part 3 - Photo Realism, Newsarama, September 25, 2008
- Tim Bradstreet - 20 Years, Part 4 - The "Fiasco in Philly", Newsarama, September 26, 2008
- Tim Bradstreet - 20 Years, Part 5 - Meeting The Punisher, Newsarama, September 30, 2008