Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Great Movie Ride, found in Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida, brings some of Hollywood's most well-known movies to life and puts those riding the attraction in the middle of the action. About half-way through the ride, guests of the Walt Disney World Resort are transported aboard the USCSS Nostromo, where they not only see a terrified Ellen Ripley, but also the Alien from the 1979 film Alien, itself. The queue also features a large movie screen, where guests waiting to board the ride can view a brief trailer for the film, along with those for many others.
- "Hey look, pal, I ain't no victim!"
- ―Mugsy to the narrator after hearing him state that a terrifying creature waits somewhere in the ship to claim its next victim.
The ride vehicle has been hijacked by a gangster by the name of Mugsy. Along with the riders, Mugsy drives the vehicle aboard the Nostromo over the course of the ride. Questioning what this is, a narrator then speaks to the guests and states they are aboard the Nostromo with Sigourney Weaver. He goes on to explain that something has gone wrong, and that one by one the crew members have been vanishing. He then states a deadly creature waited within to claim its next victim, Mugsy retorting that he "ain't no victim." The narrator's last words warn the riders that the area they are approaching is extremely dangerous, to proceeded with caution, and to remain in the ride vehicle. Riders will then pass audio-animatronic Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) holding a Flame Thrower as she prepares to confront the Alien as alarm sounds and MU/TH/UR 6000 states that the ship's emergency self destruct system has now been activated. The voice begins to count down, just as Mugsy and the riders in the front of the vehicle are attacked from the ceiling by the Alien. Mugsy then points out the creature's second attack, the Alien emerging from the wall and attacking the riders in the back. The ride vehicle then exits the Alien segment, Mugsy stating that "that was enough creepy-crawlies for one day."
- Two animatronic versions of the Alien are used in this segment of the ride, one activated right after the other to create the illusion of two different attacks from the same creature from two different locations. If one looks carefully, one of the animatronics can be seen waiting for activation in the shadows to the side of the vehicle.
- If one listens carefully, Jones can be heard meowing in the distance.
- If one is in the far back of the ride vehicle, they have a strong chance of seeing the animatronic Ellen Ripley become doused in fluid from the Nostromo after the ship's self-destruct system is activated.
- The famous ladder from the film appears in the ride at the end of the corridor behind Ripley.