- "This drop is shaping up even worse than Acheron, if that's possible."
- ―Cpl. Tequila (from Aliens vs. Predator)
Corporal Teresa Aquila, better known as "Tequila", was a member of the United States Colonial Marine Corps, part of the 1st Battalion, 3rd Regiment. She was stationed aboard the USS Marlow, dispatched to BG-386 in response to a Xenomorph outbreak at the Freya's Prospect colony and the nearby Weyland-Yutani facility. She serves as the primary source of intel for the playable Marine character in the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator.
Although she was impregnated with a Chestburster after being shot down aboard the dropship Typhoon, she was placed in cryosleep before the creature could hatch and as such was one of only three people known to have survived the incident, the others being Rookie and the android Katya.
Tequila was aboard a dropship with Major Van Zandt and Rookie when the USS Marlow was destroyed in orbit by a Predator ship. The shock wave from the explosion battered the dropship, but it eventually managed to land outside the refinery at the colony of Freya's Prospect. Tequlia subsequently helped to organize the regrouping of survivors. She was the first to make contact with Rookie when he awoke alone in an abandoned part of the complex, and she guided him through the Xenomorph-infested colony to her location. When he arrived, she gave him an extra Pulse Rifle that she had acquired. Moments later, Tequila was contacted by a squad under attack in the colony's nightclub and she dispatched Rookie to assist.
He arrived too late to save the Marines, and after a series of Xenomorph assaults, Rookie was eventually overwhelmed and captured. To Tequila's relief, he managed to escape before he was cocooned, and she then instructed him to head to the nearby refinery where Van Zandt had disappeared whilst leading an attack against the Matriarch. Rookie again arrived too late to save his fellow Marines, but he confronted the Matriarch in her Hive and, with Tequila assisting by remotely activating the refinery's furnace, he was able to incinerate her.
Captured and cocooned
Forced out of the colony as it was overrun by Xenomorphs, Tequila took to the skies, riding shotgun aboard the dropship Typhoon. Typhoon made for the jungle where the crew planned to pick up Rookie and other survivors and evacuate them. However, they were shot down by a Predator, despite their best attempts to kill it from the air, and Typhoon crashed at the edge of the extensive Yautja ruins in the area. The crash site was almost immediately swarmed by Xenomorphs, and while several Marines managed to fight the creatures off, Tequila herself was captured and dragged away.
She was taken to a small Hive at the nearby combat arena, where she was cocooned and impregnated with a Chestburster. Resigned to her fate, she was shocked when Rookie arrived to rescue her. Regardless, she asked him to simply execute her so that she might be spared a horrific death. However, before Rookie could carry out the order they were contacted by Katya, who informed them she could remove the Chestburster if they could reach her at the nearby Weyland-Yutani research labs. The pair fought through the jungle, the pain in Tequila's chest growing steadily worse, and managed to breach the Weyland-Yutani facility. They rendezvoused with Katya, but as the android prepared to operate on Tequila, Karl Bishop Weyland discovered them and shut off the necessary equipment. With no alternative, Katya and Rookie placed Tequila in a cryosleep chamber to stop the Chestburster emerging. Tequila remained in cryosleep for the remainder of the incident, as was later placed aboard Weyland's personal shuttle with Rookie and Katya to escape the planet.
Personality and Traits
Tequila is notably level-headed throughout the crisis on BG-386, even when those around her are not. She is well-liked by her squad and respected by her peers, particularly by the crew aboard Typhoon. She's a no-quitter, and has gained a reputation as something of a survivor. Tequila is also well-trained in infantry tactics, and handles herself very well even after being impregnated with a Chestburster.
Tequila wore standard issue Colonial Marine M3 Pattern Personal Armor with a TNR Shoulder Lamp attachment for illumination. On her chest plate, she had painted a heart over her own, with the name "Louis" printed above it. Notably, she was not equipped with an M10 Pattern Ballistic Helmet. She was armed with an M41A/2 Pulse Rifle, and at one point carried a spare (likely taken from a fallen comrade) that she later gave to Rookie. Most of her equipment, including her armor, was lost when she was captured by the Xenomorphs, although like any good Marine she made sure she did not relinquish her rifle.
- Tequila references the events of Aliens when she says that the current mission to BG-386 is "shaping up even worse than Acheron", the planet from that film. However, she mispronounces Acheron, saying it with a hard 'ch' sound (as in "chemist") instead of a soft one (as in "chef") it should be.
- Tequila seems to be impregnated with a Chestburster far more quickly than is possible — Alien establishes that embryo implantation takes around 24 hours, yet Rookie finds her fairly quickly after Typhoon is shot down and she has already been impregnated.
- Ironically, Tequila mocks Rookie for his lack of experience at the start of the campaign ("What's the matter, Rookie? Didn't they cover this in simulation?") but he is the Marine she works with most often, and the person who ends up saving her life (or at least postponing her death).
- Although it is never established who exactly is responsible for shooting Tequila down, it is likely the same Predator that Rookie ultimately fights in the combat arena, as that individual begins stalking him in the jungle soon after Typhoon crashes, and continues to do so until their confrontation in the ruins.
- It is unknown what will happen to Tequila as she needs immediate medical attention in order to remove the Chestburster as most of medical facilities may not be prepared to do such surgery or if there's even time to do it. However, with Katya's help, it may be possible to perform the surgery with simple medical equipment. However, time is an issue as the Chestburster has had time to mature significantly. Other concerns arise as well as the Xenomorph embryo is known to kill most hosts if removed prematurely.
- Tequila is mentioned by Marines in the level "Ruins" of the game's Predator campaign; several of the Marines can be heard attempting to contact her over the radio as they search the Yautja ruins for her. She is also heard over the radio in the level "Refinery" of the Alien campaign, warning Marines patrolling the generator room that a Xenomorph is in the area and to "stay frosty".
- Tequila's nickname is a portmanteau of her first and last name — the "Te-" from Teresa and the "-quila" from Aquila.
- During the Alien campaign, Specimen 6 will occasionally come across female Marines that use Tequila's character model.
- Developer Rebellion later re-used Tequila's head model in their game Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army.
- Aliens vs. Predator (video game)