Weyland Industries non-canon now
First off, Ridley Scott directed the first Alien. By having him come up with, and directing Prometheus, he can override any established canon he didn't establish. AVP has Weyland Industries have formed years before 2004. This Weyland Corp is established as being made in 2012. Clearly Scott doesn't give a shit about the AVP movies (and thank God too.) --BloodyPooProductions (talk) (Contribs) 02:49, June 22, 2012 (UTC) In other words, AVP Weyland never happened (as far as main canon goes.) You can say that there are various Alien universes. --BloodyPooProductions (talk) (Contribs) 02:30, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
- The movie itself isn't actually that inconsistent with AvP (as Peter Weyland can easily be made Charles Bishop's son), only the info from the website. And we don't even know how much of it actually comes from the creators of the movie and how much from the marketing department. 22.214.171.124 02:55, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Important information keeps being deleted from this page.
Weyland corp is a subsidiary of Weyland industries, there two reason why this is so.
- 1)Weyland Industries existed first. BY LAW you can not have two organization with the name Weyland anything, unless they are related.
- This is for those of you desperately trying to decanonize AvP.
- 2)Even if AvP was never filmed, by law if you have two companies (Weyland Industries), (Weyland Corporation) the Corporation is a subsidiary of the Industry. And we know both exist because of the timeline, altough I find it very questionable if it is canon or not since it is full of contradictions.
These can be subsidiaries. A company, corporation, or limited liability company. A industry (Weyland Industries) can not be a subsidiary because it is a business AND OR Enterprise which is different than a company. --WAVE (talk) (Contribs) 23:34, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Its not speculation, this is how things work in the real world when it comes to business, companies, and corporations. Since you don't know these things you are just brushing them off as word is a word.--WAVE (talk) (Contribs) 23:45, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
But it is speculation, and you presume too much about what i know and what i don't. Prometheus has only just come out so wait until there is more info and more sources to cite before you put stuff on pages, if it gets confirmed then it can stay. Right now a lot of things are getting assumed, some even think peter is charles' son. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 23:55, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- It is not speculation, that is how business, corporations legally function. I know you don't know that much abot the LEGAL differences because if you did you wouldn't be pulling this crap.--WAVE (talk) (Contribs) 22:07, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Wrong, i simply don't put uncited or unconfirmed unfo in pages so don't presume to know what i know or not. Now be civil and wait until you can find something that can confim the info. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 22:14, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- You do not know the difference between a business and a corporation. The way you are going about this it would be WILD SPECULATION/NONCANON (SAME THING) to say that "humans are organic" on any page on this wiki just because no one said it in a movie. You are supposed to use common sense with things like this. AND BY THE WAY! Your precious Weyland time line backs up my statement that Weyland Industries and Weyland Corp exist at the same time, not too mention that Concrete Jungle, AvP 3, and Alien 3 confirm that the creator of Weyland Industries did indeed exist because replicants and dissidents of him show up way later in the future.
- Weyland Industries can not be a subsidiary of Weyland Corp because of laws dictating how organizations function prohibit it, business and enterprises can not be subsidiaries. Weyland Corp can and is a subsidiary of Weyland Industries because it is a Corporation, they both exist at the same time as is shown on the time line, it is illegal to have any business, enterprise, company, corporation, have the same name unless they are parent/siblings.
Stop presuming because going around assuming someone doesn't know something just because they don't agree with you on something is rude and insulting. This is not about canon or whether they are connected, it is not being put on the page because it is currently speculation, there is no mention of two companies or versions of weyland in Prometheus, provide proof first. This is a wiki at the end of the day. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 23:21, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
Created the USCM?
- Perhaps someone has assumed that the creation of the USCM happened before Weyland merged with Yutani? (Aliens vs. Predator suggests Weyland-Yutani created the USCM.) SHould probably be removed if we can't find a source.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:27, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I am not sure if they created the USCM but I think karl did say they owned them or something. Its possible that the company merely bought out or privatized them or at least a division of them. Anyway, a source should be found to back it up. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 15:50, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Well I had a very very quick google look, nothing relevant showed up....the closest being a weyland-yutani page from this wiki. I say either put a citation needed tag there or maybe remove it if you believe it is pure speculation, your call but maybe the official Weyland Corp site has something. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 17:20, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm searching the site right now and so far all I've managed to find is this:"For private, commercial and government enterprises, Weyland is No. 1 in security and defense. Thanks to Weyland products, marines have more firepower, ships have more advanced emergency systems and the average citizen has more peace of mind.
- Weyland dominates the market in the design and manufacture of small arms weaponry, armorization and tactical support devices. The classic Weyland Storm Rifle has been part of over 7,000 colonial peace-keeping missions since its initial deployment in 2024. At muzzle velocities of 800 meters per second, the Storm is the choice for off-world security. Our defense design specialists hold over 3,000 patents in rifling technology alone.
- Oh, here it is in the timeline "As Weyland Corp expands their terraforming activities and colonial endeavors, the company is approached by the US government to begin work on the formation of a colonial peacekeeping force trained or populated by marines in the event of future conflict."--Toa Quarax (Talk) (Contribs) 02:24, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
Website Classified Section
As I'd noted in the Trivia section before it was deleted for some reason, the official promotional website for the Prometheus movie - https://www.weylandindustries.com - calls the company "Weyland Industries" despite the name in the film itself being "Weyland Corp". I don't see why that isn't noteworthy, though. Aren't factoids like this what the Trivia section is for? Arawn 999 (talk) (Contribs) 14:46, May 1, 2016 (UTC)