Do we have any souces of the first names of the marines (other than Hicks, of course), or are they all just guesses based on the first names of the actors that played them? Non-canon information such as this really shouldn't have a place here in this wiki. --Jayunderscorezero 11:56, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- I've found the scene in question. The computer readout gives surnames and first initials, not full names. Here's the list of names it gives: Gorman, S.; Apone, A.; Hicks, D.; Ferro, C.; Vasquez, J.; Drake, M.; Spunkmeyer, D.; Dietrich, C.; Frost, R.; Wierbowski, T.; Crowe, T.; Bishop, L.; Ripley, E. and Burke, C. The initials might be chosen based on the first names of the respective actors (except where this obviously isn't the case, as with Gorman, Hicks, etc.), but until a canon source says otherwise, I'd still say that their actual first names remain unknown (barring the first initial). Agreed? --Jayunderscorezero 19:22, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
No objections on my end. --Krauser Pk18
- Cool. I guess I'll start making the necessary changes, then. --Jayunderscorezero 23:49, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Movie weapons added
Hey guys. Changed up the layout, added headers to resemble http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USMC article. Hope it looks cooler. Moved info like the serial numbers to the right articles. Will track down the source for the serial numbers unless someone knows right off hand. (I think it might be from the Manual or the behind the scenes DVD, I can make a ref tag for it). Just about all the weapons/gear are linked to their separate articles which should tell you what game they appeared in, so I'm taking out the "Video games, Alien Trilogy, AVP: Gold Edition" headers from the main body of the article to keep it looking "in-universe".---CadmiumX99 19:44, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
Force structure: Colonial Marines vs. the real Marines
United STATES Colonial Marines?
I was always led to believe (in the film Aliens at least) that the USCM stood for United SYSTEMS Colonial Marines, not United States. Maybe it's different in the games, is that where the reference to them being American comes from?--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 09:57, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
- That's what I was thinking, too. Drawing too many parallels to real-life Marines seems a little on the fan-wank side. From the overall tone in the films, corporations seem to have become de facto supra-national governments, or on equivalent footing. And weren't the Colonial Marines *hired* for the mission, making them more of a Blackwater-type organization. Fredmdbud (talk) (Contribs) 22:36, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not sure it's even a case of relating them to real life, because the only nation to ever have Colonial Marines were the British. But I'm glad I'm not alone on this Systems thing, to be honest I was starting to wonder if I'd actually heard it or whether I'd just made it up.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 07:47, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- The Aliens Tech manual talks about the history of the Marines, plus you can see them all with the American flag patch on their shoulders. If I remember correctly they are actually called the United Americas Colonial Marines.--WAVE (talk) (Contribs) 02:16, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- But surely that would be UAMC? I'm not saying you're wrong, I've never seen the book, but it seems like that contradicts the USCM moniker. And I can't say I noticed the flag patches in the film, I'll try and remember to look out for them next time.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 07:43, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- It's definitely United SYSTEMS Colonial Marines. You can hear them talking in the movie about the United Systems. Why they are wearing a USA Flag on their should is easy to explain if you just compare it to the United Nations. It also consists of soldiers of many countries and the USCM Unit in the movie may only be a Unit from the USA. It could possibly also been British or French soldiers. 22.214.171.124 02:00, December 22, 2013 (UTC)
Americas and States looks interchangeable. They use the same props from the movie in the techmanual. Look at the pilots they have the American flag on their LEFT shoulder.--WAVE (talk) (Contribs) 19:03, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
I haven't seen the movies so call me out but where the heck did we get all this info like tanks and such? Just wondering because these guys sound Like a decent scifi military.
- It's from the book Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual, which was based on much of James Cameron's pre-production concept work done for the film. It's referenced at the bottom of the page. I have the book myself and it's quite interesting. Also, please sign your posts.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 07:41, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Guys! I'm new here and need your help.
Well as you may know, i'm new here. But kinda need your help. As you can see the new additions to the colonial marine's equipment and vehicles. They are from the game Aliens: Armageddon. Since i tried to find a english version of the Hungarian site of AvP. And i wonder if you can help me out. Sorry to bother you. 3452te (talk) (Contribs) 14:13, December 27, 2016 (UTC)
- Is this game an officially licensed Alien game? Also not entirely sure on our policy regarding links to a foreign language wikis because we can't understand what the linked page is and google translate is bad at translating. Also if the link was meant to be a source, I would avoid sourcing wikis in general due to the ambiguous nature of a wiki, they can be unreliable after all. Try finding "official" sources if possible. Welcome to the wiki by the way. -- The Cruentus(Talk) 20:44, December 27, 2016 (UTC)
Oh ok...i tried to find an official link to Aliens: Armageddon. But only found photos of the equipment and vehicles. I'll try my best my friend. And thank you too. 3452te (talk) (Contribs) 17:33, December 27, 2016 (UTC)
Transplanetary Safekeeping Entry
Found an entry sourced from the now-defunct Weyland Industries viral website. Portions of its timeline has now been contradicted of course with the release of Covenant, such as the references to David's origin, but I'd like to just put this up on the talk page just for the sake of it. Maybe some of the more recent sources can either debunk or affirm it.
NOVEMBER 20TH, 2065 – TRANSPLANETARY PEACEKEEPING "As Weyland Industries expands their terraforming activities and colonial endeavours, the company is approached by the US government to begin work on the foundation of a colonial peacekeeping force trained or populated by marines in the event of future conflict." Kingsman28 (talk) (Contribs) 17:45, September 22, 2018 (UTC)