Not sure it's important, but the last thing Nikolai says before he blows himself up is "Ну и рожа у тебя!", which can translated as "What a face you got on you!". Also, during the film, he speaks Russian too. --Nuttex 17:06, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- That's awesome! That must be Russian for "You're one ugly motherfucker!" (Dutch to Jungle Hunter in Predator, Harrigan/City Hunter in P2, and I think Alexa kind of says it in AVP) :)---CadmiumX99 15:46, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. I come from a Russian-oriented fishing village but it isn't our primary language anymore so I didn't pick up on it precisely, but I am almost certain that's exactly what he said. Besides, you can't have a Predator movie and NOT say it!! I also JUST got out of the movie less than an hour ago so it's pretty fresh in my mind. I actually came on here tonight as an attempt to confirm that that was what he said, so apparently it is. =) -- Somarinoa 04:30, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Also, this frase can send to wellknown in Russia but not fully correct quoation "Ну и рожа у тебя, Шарапов" from film "Место встречи изменить нельзя"
- "You're one ugly motherfacker!" in russian language will be something like "Ну и урод же ты, мать твою!" 22.214.171.124 08:09, February 18, 2015 (UTC) SomeRussianGuy
FSB or GRU?Edit
I saw that Spetsnaz page says it's part of GRU. In Russian, Spetsnaz is literally Спецназ ---> Специальное Назначение ---> Special Designation/Purpose, but the full term is Войска Специального Назначения ---> Special Purpose Regiments. So, basically, it's Special Forces term, not some kind of any particular organization. Thus you can't say only FSB or GRU or any other intellegence service has Spetsnaz. Also, in the film, it's stated Nikolai is from Alpha Group. Alpha Group is "an elite dedicated counter-terrorism unit that belongs to spetsnaz (special-purpose forces) of the FSB, or more specifically the "A" Directorate of the FSB Special Operations Center (TsSN)". Concensus: it's FSB. --Nuttex 07:50, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- You should leave a copy of this on the Spetsnaz Talk page, too. Maybe coordinate with the contributor(s) to that page. Here's a thought: most of what we learn about the other guys comes from Royce's observations (see Talk:Mombasa. Great research!----CadmiumX99 16:04, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
Nikolai's Children Edit
Does anyone remember Nikolai's childrens' names? I recall him at least saying the name of the elder one. I feel like the elder one was named Alexei, but that is probably from me going back to working on my Russian-oriented sci-fi epic novel series after watching the film. I'd be all about watching the movie again but I should really watch my fundage since I have three other movies to see that are out currently, and I'm definitely buying Predators when it comes out. -- Somarinoa 14:01, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
Nikolai's full nameEdit
[his minigun isn't a xm214 microgun it's just a standard m134
How would he be able to carry it or shoot with it if it's M134? It's vehicle-mounted! --Nuttex 08:38, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Oh dear... How would be Blaine or Mac be able to do so? It's for movie purpose. However it is a M134. Look for pictures and/or follow the links below. The XM214 is smaller or not so bulky and has only one barrel clamp instead of the three the M134 has.
http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&hl=de&biw=1920&bih=1022&tbm=isch&tbnid=pXJZsg2czWg9NM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html%3Fb%3D3%26f%3D123%26t%3D541269&docid=KjC82mdhLU7dxM&imgurl=http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html%253Fi%253D31280%2526prev%253D1&w=639&h=423&ei=JfB7UcXmM8SM4ATU2IDwAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=307&vpy=263&dur=6967&hovh=183&hovw=276&tx=66&ty=203&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=210&start=0&ndsp=55&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:116 ---> scroll a bit down