For past messages, see Archived talk: 1
Main Page update Edit
Hi everybody. Archived past messages 2008-2010. Also made Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus: Volume 1 the featured article, because it includes the very first meeting of Alien and Predator in any media, required reading for AVP fans. Please remember to discuss only ideas/ issues with the Main Page on this Talk page. Questions, ideas, etc. about any other topics can be posted in a blog or on the articles' appropriate Talk pages. Thanks and have a Happy New Year! :D----CadmiumX99 20:00, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Admin Account Hacked Edit
I haven't been on Xenopedia for a long time. I founded this Wiki, and it's great to see how it's grown. I thought I should warn you that this account has been hacked (hence the sudden activity) and that since the current user has been granted administrator status you may want to check their credentials.
- CJ Foote (Colonial-marine32)
I know that a lot of people won't believe me, and I don't want to pick a fight, so I won't check any replies to this message. It's up to you guys. By the way, check out Wookiepedia's main page the same week that Xenopedia was created and compare the layouts (I ripped off the design). I hope that gives me at least a little credibility.
MediaWiki:Signature updated Edit
I know theres not much information on them yet, but I notice the main page of this wikia has a picture link for Xeno's, Preds and Humans what about a picture link for the Engineers? Or are they not considered a major race? Gormagon (talk) (Contribs) 19:11, November 8, 2012 (UTC)
While Engineers are an important species, they have not been in many major events like predators, alien or humans. However, with a prometheus sequel on its way there may be more info about them soon. I believe there should perhaps be an additional link. I will talk to the other admins about it. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 19:53, November 8, 2012 (UTC)
That Aliens: Colonial Marines article has been featured on the main page for a long time now. I was thinking it might be a nice idea to start cycling through some new pages, maybe one every month or so?--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:00, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
I agree with Leigh Burne the ACM article has been featured for too long. Also we should probably get new featured videos and images and maybe add a new poll since the Prometheus one has been on the page for more then a year (maybe a poll about Stasis Interrupted?.) --Toa Quarax (talk) (Contribs) 17:10, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, a new poll's a good idea! And some new videos. Basically, just mix it up a bit, because currently the main page is kinda static. I'm going to change the featured article to Al Apone now (no real reason, was just the first thing that came into my head).--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:09, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree, I happen to be planning to update this wiki and add few new features while updating old ones. I don't know when but it will happen soon. Feel free to update the main page though, make sure the featured article is the best article on here. Add new stuff like stasis interrupted and anything recent in the past few months.I agree with poll idea about SI as well, I like to see if the people find this DLC redeeming or not. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 12:43, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- The problem with making the featured article "the best article on here" is that what constitutes the "best" article is kinda subjective... Plus, if we only feature the "best" article on the main page, it'll just be the same article the entire time. I figured we could cycle through a few different ones, maybe changing it every few weeks. Obviously I agree that they'd have to be quality articles, and preferably related to significant aspects of the AVP universe, but I see no reason why we can't change it every now and then. It might even give us a good opportunity to draw more attention to some of the less well-known aspects of the franchise, so long as the article is well written and referenced.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 13:20, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- That is what I meant Leigh, we will show the most notable articles but change them every now and again, I didn't mean to imply that we would feature only one article indefinitely. Maybe we can also have an "article of a month" feature, showing the current best page. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 15:57, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
Can I go ahead and make a new poll for Stasis Interrupted? I was thinking it would be something like this:
- Yes I think Stasis Interrupted is an improvement over Aliens: Colonial Marines.
- No I think Aliens: Colonial Marines was better than Stasis Interrupted.
- I think Aliens: Colonial Marines and Stasis Interrupted are equal in quality. Toa Quarax (talk) (Contribs) 19:13, August 16, 2013 (UTC)