Super Predator Clan
|Years active:||Early 21st century|
|Territory:||Game Preserve Planet|
|Rivals:||Jungle Hunter Clan|
The Super Predator Clan is a group of Super Predators who are in conflict with the more traditional Jungle Hunter Clan. The Super Predator Clan are often thought to be exiled Bad Bloods. They operate a Game Preserve Planet and are known for abducting lifeforms from other worlds and transporting them to the planet where they can hunt them.
Conflict with Rival ClanEdit
The Super Predator Clan is in some sort of war with the Jungle Hunter Clan for an unknown reason. Noland described it as blood feud that had apparently been going on for some time.
Unlike their Jungle Hunter and City Hunter cousins, super predators care not for honor or fairness, they seek only the thrill of the kill and to improve themselves by testing themselves against the most dangerous individuals of the respective species that the Predators kidnap them from. Super Predators use traps, Hell-hounds and they kidnap their prey which gives the Super Predators a home-field advantage.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the beginning of the script, they are seen crucifying a normal Predator for unknown reasons. They then use their dogs to attack the group of Royce and the others. All three have a different personality and a different function.
- Robert Rodrigeuz stated that they are outcast Yautja and it is possible that they have been sent to the game reserve as their punishment. So, they may be hated by other Yautja society (However this has all been proved wrong in the movie and comics). They may be planning a clan war on another clan. The members of the other clan are based on the design of the legendary and original Jungle Hunter.
- Ronald Noland mentioned that when the Predators return from a hunt, they would come back different. Because every time a Yautja would die on a hunt, they would try to experiment on themselves to make them stronger and more efficient hunters.
- It is shown that the Black Super Predators have a hatred for the Jungle Hunter Clan and strung up a member of the Jungle Hunter Clan to a totem pole at their camp. Noland explains that the Super Predators hunt the other (Smaller) clan. He says they are similar yet different like "the difference between dogs and wolves". The Crucified Predator is later released by Royce, battles with the Berserker Predator, and is decapitated
The Super PredatorsEdit
- The Falconer Super Predator, using a Predator equivalent of a falcon, is cybernetically linked to the Super Predator, allowing him to track the prey he and his other clan brothers are searching for.
- In the preview, the director said that two tribes (The Mainstream Predators and Super Predators) are having a Clan War for a particular reason.
- The Flusher Super Predator,the one that controls all of the Predator hounds, drives out his prey. A lot like a fox hunter would.
- In the sneak peek, it is seen there are much more than three lasersights which implies there are more Super Predators than just these three in this movie.
- NOTE: It has been confirmed that the multiple lasersights was done as a promotional shot in the trailer and that there are only three Super Predators and one normal Predator in the movie.
- Unlike other Predators, it was said in the script that they bleed black blood (It has been confirmed in the film that they bleed green blood).
- Unlike other Predators, who hunt for honour and for trophies, in the script the Super Predator's hunt for DNA to become more powerful hunters. This was later dropped from the film, but still hunt them to improve themselves. They also hunt for sport
- In the script, "Mr. Black" has spikes all over his armor and even on his dreadlocks (This was removed as well).
- They are said to be bigger than normal Yautja, as shown in one of the images that Mr. Black has an advantage on a "Jungle Hunter Predator", when Black holds it by the throat and throws it into a large rock.
- Robert said they are from a different clan.
- Also it seems that "Mr. Black" himself might be the "Super Predators" hunting party leader seeing as he operates as the sort of alpha male of his hunting party. This party includes a tusked SP A.K.A. Flusher, a Falconer SP, and "Mr. Black" or as other sources call him "The Beserker Super Predator". *Noland said that Super Predator hunting parties always come in threes. This Idea was most likely adapted from the Alien vs. Predator film, where Scar, Celtic, and Chopper were a Hunting Party, consisting of three members.
- The Super Predators could possibly take some kind of drug or some sort of other enhancement which could explain their larger figures over the already masculine mainstream Yautjas. As what exactly makes these Predators "super" hasn't yet been revealed but it could simply be due to them being a sub-species to the Mainstream Predators.
- It is safe to assume that the Super Predators do not follow the hunt ethics of the mainstream Predators, as they do not demand fair fights: removing their armor and equipment before engaging in hand-to-hand combat with their adversary. Instead they attack their enemies as brutally as possible, killing them in a very merciless manner.