Space Beast was a book written in 2183 by Robert Morse, the sole survivor of the Xenomorph incident at the Fiorina "Fury" 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit, about his experiences there. Due to its sensitive nature, the book was banned.
The book is a brief recounting of the events that occurred on Fiorina "Fury" 161 in August 2179, specifically the arrival of Ellen Ripley at the Class C Work Correctional Unit on the planet and the subsequent killing spree carried out by a lone Xenomorph that she unwittingly brought with her, leading to the death of virtually all of the remaining inmates at the prison and the closure of the facility.
Owing to the highly sensitive nature of the material, despite its crudely-written nature, the book was almost immediately banned. Nevertheless, illicit copies still entered circulation; at least one was read by Annalee Call prior to the incident aboard the USM Auriga in 2381.
Behind the ScenesEdit
Real world publicationEdit
As well as being a fictional book that exists within the Alien universe, a real-life version of Space Beast was included as an insert item in the 2014 book Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, published by Insight Editions. Although credited to Robert Morse, the real book was in fact written by Weyland-Yutani Report author S. D. Perry.
The fact Space Beast exists both in-universe and in reality makes the book somewhat unique in the Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator franchises, with the only other comparable example being Cyberantics: A Little Adventure by Stanislaw Mayakovsky.
- The book's title may be a reference to the original script that became Alien, which was called Star Beast.
- The fictitious Space Beast by Robert Morse is one of a number of in-universe books or articles that have been mentioned in various Aliens media, including "Theory of Alien Propagation" by Waidslaw Orona (from Aliens: Outbreak), The Evolution of Television by Emmet Webster (also from Aliens: Book One) and Cyberantics by Stanislaw Mayakovsky (from Aliens: Harvest).
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 138 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 99 (1997), Warner Aspect.
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 136 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 9 (2014), Insight Editions.