- "Someone's sabotaged the door to Medical. Part of the lock's been removed."
- ―Amanda Ripley
The Solace was to have escaped Sevastopol Station after the Xenomorph infestation there began to take hold, overloaded with desperate survivors who hoped to flee in the vessel even though it had no FTL drive and insufficient hypersleep pods for all those on board. However, a Xenomorph, or at least someone impregnated with a Chestburster, was apparently also on board. This, coupled with the eventual failure of the ship's power and life support systems, led to the death of all those on the ship.
The derelict ship's emergency beacon was subsequently picked up by the Torrens on its outbound journey to Sevastopol, and as per company regulations the crew was roused from hyperlseep to investigate. After discovering the fate of the ship and its crew, the Solace broke up in space due to it thawing when Amanda turned on the power.
- The Solace's engine room keycode was 4510.
- On the Solace, the player would initially enter the engine room with a keycode discovered in a personal memo, then enter Habitation and go on to Medical.
- Amanda finds a pick-up schedule on the Solace with three entries for PSV Achelous and PSV Asbru checked by P. Scott & C. Gold.
- A texture presumed to be from the Solace can be found in the game files named "Ghostship". This could have been the development title for the ship. There are also a number of textures in game for ice, which would have presumably been used aboard the Solace.
- A number of sounds and animations are left referenced in the game files for the Solace, including ice melting and other scripted events.
- ↑ "Steam Community - Alien: Isolation - The Original Story!". Retrieved on 2016-01-08.