Rite of PassageEdit
Scar traveled to Earth with his fellow brothers Celtic and Chopper in order to face the Rite of Passage by journeying to an ancient Yautja-constructed pyramid. The Yautja Mother Ship previously caused a heat wave at Bouvetøya Island, catching the attention of Charles Bishop Weyland, who intended to lead an expedition there. At the pyramid, three Plasma Casters awaited along with a Xenomorph Queen to spawn offspring that would grow to be their opponents. Scar and his brothers were participating in the traditional coming of age hunt, performed every 100 years by adolescent Predators, who were attempting to prove themselves to the elders. Scar was separated from his brothers when he followed the two surviving humans of the expedition team, Alexa Woods and Sebastian De Rosa, shortly before his brothers were killed by a Xenomorph Drone nicknamed Grid.
Scar seemed to be the youngest and most honorable of the three Predators in Alien vs. Predator, shown when he confronts Weyland. Since Weyland was already going to die because of a lung condition, he tried to buy Alexa Woods and Sebastian more time. Scar saw this and decided to spare him after his thermal vision revealed Weyland's illness, due to the fact that it is dishonorable to kill stunted/unworthy prey. Weyland rigs a flamethrower with his oxygen tank and a flare, engulfing Scar in flames. Scar is not seriously injured but kills Weyland with his Wrist Blades due to being attacked first.
Scar is the first Predator to kill one of the Xenomorphs when he kills a Facehugger and a Warrior Xenomorph. Removing his mask, Scar marks himself with the blood of the Xenomorph that he defeated, signifying manhood. As he looks up from this ritual, he is jumped by a facehugger. However, he is seen putting his mask back on as he finds Alexa Woods. He is about to attack her when she gives him the Plasma Caster that she and the others on her team had taken from the sacred chest. A Xenomorph Warrior attacks him, knocking him over. The Xenomorph attacks Alexa, who uses Scar's spear to defend herself. The Xenomorph is killed, and Alexa sees Scar waiting for her with his plasma cannon equipped.
Alliance with a HumanEdit
After killing a few Aliens, Scar allows Alexa to work with him by giving her weapons; a spear made from a Xenomorph tail and a shield from a Xenomorph head. The duo finds a nest of Facehuggers, where Alexa discovers Sebastian encased in resin, but he tells her that he is already impregnated and begs Alexa to kill him. She does so, which appears to intrigue Scar. Sebastian's chestburster attacks Scar but he easily catches it and snaps its neck with his thumb, throwing it away in disgust. Hearing the distant sound of the Queen escaping, he activates his Wrist Bracer's self-destruct sequence. He and Alexa escape the Pyramid before the bomb detonates.
Scar gives Alexa a mark of honor but they are confronted by the Queen, who managed to survive the blast and tunnel to the surface. The two fight the Queen, but Scar is fatally wounded by impalment from the Queen's tail. Just as the Queen is about to deliver a killing strike, Alexa is able to attach the chain previously imprisoning her to a precariously perched water tank, which falls into the freezing water far below. The Queen falls after it, sinking to the bottom. Alexa tends to the dying Scar, when the Predator Elder reveals himself. The Elder's companions take Scar's body to their ship, and the Elder gives Alexa his combi-stick as a sign of respect. As they leave in their ship, the Predators leave the now-dead Scar in the observation room.
As they leave the body, a Predalien chestburster emerges from his corpse.
Personality & TraitsEdit
From what is shown, Scar seemed to fight differently from his brothers. Celtic seemed to rely more on his size and strength while Scar, on the other hand, seemed to be a smarter fighter, using his senses to his advantage. He was, as most mainstream Predators, an honorable warrior and abided by the Predator hunting rules accordingly.
- Cloaking Device
- Wrist Blades
- Plasma Caster
- Ceremonial Dagger
- Wrist Gauntlet
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Scar killed a man, weak and unarmed, at the bottom of the ice tunnel. Scar's kill did not violate Yaujta customs because the man had fought an uncloaked Celtic on the surface. He was worthy to kill and he knew of their presence.
- Scar did not initially kill Charles Bishop Weyland because he was unarmed and sick, but because Charles attempted to injure scar using a last minute flame thrower by using his inhaler and a flare, he then killed him.
- Scar became a Young blood warrior, achieving a rank never held by his brothers Celtic and Chopper, as he had killed enough Xenomorphs to pass the trial.
- Scar was the only Predator of his brothers who killed a Xenomorph.
- Oddly, although Scar was stabbed in the torso by the Queen, the Predalien chestburster inside him survived. This was explained in the AVP commentary that the Predalien was abiding in his chest while the Queen stabbed him in the gut.
- Scar was the youngest brother of Chopper and Celtic.
- Scar was the only Predator of his hunting party in AVP to show his unmasked face onscreen.
- Scar was ranked Blooded by the time he emerged from the Pyramid.
- Scar was the first Predator on film to been seen using a shuriken.