Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "An antique double-barreled shotgun; useful for close quarters combat."
- ―Sawed-off Shotgun description (from Aliens: Colonial Marines)
A sawed-off double barrel shotgun, also known as simply a sawed-off shotgun, is a shortened antique double-barreled shotgun. Such weapons were occasionally used by some members of the United States Colonial Marine Corps.
The phrase sawed-off shotgun is a generic term used to refer to any shotgun that has been cut down to a compact size. Such weapons are typically based on side-by-side double barrel shotguns, although over-and-under, single barrel and even pump action examples have been known to exist. Generally, these weapons are created by the user literally sawing off the weapons barrels at a much shorter length (hence the name); the weapon's stock is also commonly cut down to a pistol grip. The weapons are favored among criminals for offering impressive close-range firepower in a very small package; the act of sawing down a shotgun is often illegal in many countries anyway.
A Sawed-off Double Barrel Shotgun was used by some members of the United States Colonial Marine Corps. The weapon was highly effective against Xenomorphs in close quarters combat, sometimes capable of killing Warriors with one shot. Some examples were outfitted with an accessory rail on the left-hand side, beneath the barrels near the breech, and illuminated sights, making the sight easier to see in low-light conditions.
- It is likely the sawed-off double barrel shotgun is a personal weapon (like Hicks' Shotgun) as it does not make very much sense for the USCM to be using such an antiquated weapon in 2179.
- Despite the accessory rail added to the left-hand side of the weapon, as with all DLC weapons, the Sawed-off Shotgun cannot be customized.
- When swapping weapons with the Sawed-off Shotgun equipped, the player will move it forward and up, engaging the weapon's safety catch.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game)