- "Every season they drop in more prey; I mean, shit you wouldn't believe."
- ―Ronald Noland
The River Ghost looks humanoid but with yellow insect-like exoskeletal skin, they also have mandibles on the side of their head. This species have symbiotic working insects that resemble cockroaches crawling in and out of its skin. The "cockroaches" eat bacteria-equivalent microbes so if the alien is hurt, it won't become infected. The River Ghosts are extremely agile, being able to pursue their prey at speed faster than that of any human.
This species is brought to the Game Preserve Planet just like the humans. It is presumed that they have been brought there, because they have better combat skills and speed than humans, meant to improve the Super Predators' combat abilities.
- The insectoid alien species is based on the original Predator design for the 1987 film.
- In the Blu-ray commentary Robert Rodriguez calls the creature the "River Ghost".
- Due to a statement from Noland, it's implied that even more living things are brought to the preserve, which may mean that at the time, the human group brought may not have been the only game on the planet (besides the River Ghost itself and others of its race).
- Royce speculated that the creature wasn't attacking them out of animalistic hunger, but actually attacked them out of sentient fear or anger, believing them to be the creatures that trapped it on the planet.
In Predators After some exploration of the Game Preserve Planet, the group come across a crate, with alien remains inside. Some time later, they create several traps and stumble upon one surviving River Ghost. Unsure what the creature is, Royce uses Edwin as bait. Isabelle, tracking the River Ghost with her Blaser R93, fires, and the creature dies. Royce congratulates her for her good aim, but she tells them that the shot missed and points to the bullet hole she put in the tree, and then Noland (the one that really killed the River Ghost with his weapon) uncloaks and reveals himself to the group.