The Predator franchise is a science fiction action franchise, consisting primarily of a series of films focusing on the Predator, an extraterrestrial creature that hunts and kills other dangerous lifeforms, including humans, for sport and honor. Produced by 20th Century Fox, the franchise started with the 1987 feature film Predator, and continued with two sequels, Predator 2 (1990) and Predators (2010). A fourth film is currently in development. The series has also inspired numerous books, comics and video game spinoffs.
In addition to the Predator franchise is the Alien vs. Predator franchise, including the feature films Alien vs. Predator (2004) and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007), which pits the titular Predators against the Aliens from the Alien franchise.
- Main article: Predator (film)
A team of elite mercenaries is dispatched to the Republic of Val Verde to eliminate a guerrilla force in the area. However, once their mission is complete they find themselves being hunted by an extraterrestrial lifeform that kills for sport. Gradually the team is slaughtered one by one, until only their leader Dutch remains for one final showdown with the creature.
Predator 2 (1990)Edit
- Main article: Predator 2
Ten years after events in Val Verde, a new Predator arrives in Los Angeles to hunt the city's armed inhabitants. Its trail of slaughter brings it into conflict with a veteran cop and his team investigating the gangs, as well as a secret government taskforce attempting to capture the alien alive for study.
- Main article: Predators (film)
A group of hardened killers and criminals find themselves transported across space to an alien planet where they are hunted by a new breed of Predators. They discover these Predators have been using the planet for centuries as a ground for hunting dangerous game from across the universe, and must find a way to escape before they all fall victim to the alien creatures.
- Main article: Predator 4
As well as novelizations based on the first two Predator films (Predator by Paul Monette, and Predator 2 by Simon Hawke), there are numerous expanded universe novels set in or based on the Predator series. The first three of these (up to and including Predator: Big Game) are adaptations of Predator comic books published by Dark Horse Comics; subsequent novels have been original stories.
- Predator: Concrete Jungle by Nathan Archer
- Predator: Cold War by Nathan Archer
- Predator: Big Game by Sandy Schofield
- Predator: Forever Midnight by John Shirley
- Predator: Flesh and Blood by Michael Jan Friedman
- Predator: Turnabout by Steve Perry
- Predator: South China Sea by Jeff VanderMeer
Comic Books Edit
- Main article: Predator (comic series)
- Predator (series 1)
- Predator: God's Truth
- Predator: Big Game
- Predator: Cold War
- Predator: The Bloody Sands Of Time
- Predator: Rite of Passage
- Predator: Blood Feud
- Predator: Race War
- Predator: The Pride at Nghasa
- Predator: The Hunted City
- Predator: Bad Blood
- Predator: Blood on Two-Witch Mesa
- Predator: Invaders from the Fourth Dimension
- Predator: 1718
- Predator: Dark River
- Predator: Strange Roux
- Predator: Kindred
- Predator: No Beast So Fierce
- Predator: Hell and Hot Water
- Predator: Primal
- Predator: Bump in the Night
- Predator: Nemesis
- Predator: Hell Come a Walkin'
- Predator: Captive
- Predator: Demon's Gold
- Predator: Homeworld
- Predator: Xenogenesis
- Aliens/Predator Free Comic Book Day Split Issue
- Predator (series 2)
- Predators (prequel comic)
- Predators: Preserve the Game
- Predator: Fire and Stone
There have also been several video games based on the series, some of which have been (sometimes loose) adaptations of the films.
- Predator (1987)
- Predator 2 (1990)
- Predator 2 (1991)
- Predator (2004)
- Predator: Concrete Jungle
- Predator: The Duel
- Predators (Gameloft)
- ↑ "The Hollywood Reporter - Fox Rebooting 'Predator' With Shane Black (Exclusive)". Retrieved on 2014-06-25.