Predator: Incursion is a 2015 novel written by Tim Lebbon and published by Titan Books. Its plot revolves around a large group of Predators being driven from their home system by Aliens that have been weaponized by an unknown enemy. Both are now on a direct path for Earth. The novel was originally set to be released on September 25, 2015, but this was later pushed back to October 20, 2015.
As well as the standard print edition, the novel was released in audiobook format in 2016, read by John Chancer and published by Audible Studios. It was released on April 26, 2016, as part of Alien Day.
The first in an epic trilogy crossing between Predator, Alien, and AVP! When huge Predator spacecraft begin entering human space in alarming numbers, the Colonial Marines assume an invasion and launch a full military response. Then they learn that the Predators are fleeing an invading force — an army of Xenomorphs! Someone has learned how to weaponize the Aliens, and their trajectory through Predator space has placed them on a path to Earth. Beginning an epic three-book space war that will include: Predator: Incursion; Alien: Invasion; Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon.
In 2016, Audible Studios produced an unabridged audiobook of Predator: Incursion, read by John Chancer. The audiobook runs for 11 hours and 30 minutes and was released on April 26, 2016, alongside a similar audiobook of Alien: Invasion, the second book in the Rage War trilogy.
- Predator: Incursion was the first Predator novel to be published by Titan Books, taking over from DH Press.
- With Predator: Incursion, Tim Lebbon became the first author to pen more than one Alien/Predator/Alien vs. Predator novel since John Shirley, who wrote Predator: Forever Midnight and Aliens: Steel Egg in 2006 and 2007, respectively. With the completion of the Rage War trilogy, he also became one of only three authors to pen more than two novels for the franchise, the others being Steve Perry and his daughter S. D. Perry.
- The ship Aaron Percival mentioned in the novel was named after AVPGalaxy administrator Corporal Hicks.
- Despite the title only including Predator, the Aliens feature heavily in the novel's plot.
- The cover of the novel appears to be taken from a promotional image of Wolf for Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem; the fact the background appears to be a sewer tunnel (as seen in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem) further supports this.
- ↑ "Titan Books - Predator: Incursion (The Rage War #1)". Retrieved on 2015-09-16.