- "He took up a position here. Shooting in all directions. This was a last stand."
- ―Nikolai (from Predators)
Nikolai Mikhalovich Fedorov is a legendary war hero of the Spetsnaz Alpha Group and one of the Predators of the group who arrives on the Black Super Predators' planet from the Second Chechen War .
Serving in SpetsnazEdit
Nikolai was a Spetsnaz (Russian Special Forces) operative who was fighting in the Second Chechen War before being abducted and dropped on the hunting reserve. He was married and had two sons.
Nikolai was dropped along with Royce, Cuchillo, Isabelle, Edwin, Mombasa, Hanzo and Stans to be hunted by the Super Predators. During the time on the planet, Edwin stops him from touching a highly venomous plant, at which point nearly paralyzed him if Edwin hadn't stopped him.
Nikolai starts looking after the apparently weak and defenseless doctor. When the group happen upon the Predators' camp and Royce tries to catch the Super Predators off guard by using the group as bait, Nikolai is one of only three people who stays to try and fight the Predators, the others being Hanzo and Royce. During the fight, one of the Super Predators shoots his Minigun, destroying it, rendering him unarmed and forced to flee from the camp with the others.
Afterwards, the group meets Noland, a man who had lived for years on the preserve, hiding from the Predators. After leading the group to his hideout Nikolai shows Edwin a picture of his kids (which Edwin keeps and uses later). After escaping from the room the group runs through the remains of the ship, Edwin accidentally ends up in a different hallway from the others and begs Nikolai to help him, but Nikolai seemingly leaves Edwin to his fate. However, just before the Flusher Predator kills Edwin, Nikolai comes back and saves him and leads him to the rest of the group. Soon he is shot in the back by a plasma caster and falls to the ground, still alive, while Edwin leaves him to the Predator. The Tracker(Flusher) Predator then stabs Nikolai in the stomach with its wrist blade and lifts him into the air. Nikolai spits in its face before pulling his vest off revealing several armed claymore mines, says a variation of "You're one ugly motherfucker" in Russian, and detonates the claymores, killing himself and the Tracker Predator.
His weapon of choice is a compact XM214 Microgun (a scaled-down version of M134 Minigun) which was destroyed by a Super Predator as well as a Tokarev TT-33 secondary handgun. He later acquires at least two Claymore mines from Noland's stockpile.
He wears various webbing for his weapons accessories and his seen wearing the modern Russian style camouflage. He also wears the classic Russian blue-striped sailors shirt, a common attire for elite Spetnaz and Naval Infantry units in the Russian Army.
Personality & TraitsEdit
Oleg Taktarov described Nikolai as a combination of Dutch, Mac Eliot and, Blain Cooper. He is described as a very heroic man. During the course of the film he shows a more caring and human side than any other of the humans on the planet, except Isabelle, seen in his concern of Edwin and apparent remorse for leaving Cuchillo behind. He is willing to put himself in danger for the sake of others more often than the rest his comrades on the alien planet, again except Isabelle, even then he helps Edwin when even Isabelle wouldn't, eventually making the ultimate sacrifice to save his comrades from the Tracker Predator.
When Noland tells him and the others how the predators behave, he understands by saying, "They're training to be better killers." These qualities may be due to the fact that he is one of the only professional soldiers on the planet and the fact he is a father. His relationship with his family is unknown, but he appears to care greatly for his family but believe they deserve better than him, and wanted to die on the planet, but wanted them to known he was sorry. Nikolai mumbled to himself an on a few occasions throughout the film.
- He is one of the only people in the film to actually have his name said in the film, the others being Royce, Isabelle and Noland. He is also the first person to relieve his name and although his full name isn't stated in the film, he is the only character to have a full name revealed (first, middle and, surname).
- The way Nikolai kills the Tracker Predator is somewhat ironic, seeing as self-destruction is the Predators' preferred way of dealing with an opponent when they're about to be killed. That being said, it is not revealed whether Super Predators follow this technique like their smaller cousins or not.
- Before his death Nikolai says "Ну и рожа у тебя!", which can be translated as "What an ugly face you have!". This is a possible reference to Dutch's "You're one ugly motherfucker!".
- Nikolai's sidearm, the Russian TOKAREV TT-33 pistol, designer may refer to Nikolai's middle name Fedorov. The reason being is the Tokarev weapon designer's name Fedor Tokarev is very close to Fedorov.
- Nikolai has two children, Sven and Sasha. Edwin keeps the picture of his children and tries to convince Royce to spare him when using him as bait for Mr. Black.
- Nikolai is a member of the Spetsnaz, who were ironically the minor antagonists in the original 1987 film before Dutch and his team encounters the Classic Predator.
- Out of all the characters in the movie, he seemed to be the kindest.
- In the film when he mumbles to himself on how sorry he is to his family, he probably wasn't there for them and he wanted a better life for his wife and sons.