Michael Connell Biehn (born July 31, 1956) is an American actor and director who played Corporal Hicks in the 1986 film Aliens, replacing James Remar. He later lent his voice and likeness to the character in the 2013 video game Aliens: Colonial Marines and its expansion pack Stasis Interrupted. Other notable films Biehn has appeared in include The Terminator (1984), The Abyss (1989), Tombstone (1993), The Rock (1996) and Planet Terror (2007).
For his role in Aliens, Biehn was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Actor. He is known for his work in the films of James Cameron; he has appeared in four of the director's movies. On the set of Planet Terror, Biehn was encouraged by director Robert Rodriguez to make his own film, and Biehn's directorial debut, The Blood Bond, was realised in 2010.
|1983||The Lords of Discipline||With Valerie Colgan, William Hope, Stuart Milligan and Bill Paxton|
|1984||The Terminator||With Lance Henriksen, Bill Paxton and Arnold Schwarzenegger, directed by James Cameron|
|1988||The Seventh Sign|
|In a Shallow Grave|
|1989||The Abyss||Directed by James Cameron|
|1990||Navy SEALs||With Bill Paxton|
|Terminator 2: Judgement Day||With Jenette Goldstein, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sven-Ole Thorsen, directed by James Cameron|
|Tombstone||With Bill Paxton|
|1995||In the Kingdom of the Blind|
|Jade||With William H. Burton, Jr. and Holt McCallany|
|Breach of Trust|
|The Rock||With Raymond Cruz and Henry Kingi|
|1997||Dead Men Can't Dance|
|1998||Susan's Plan||With Bill Duke|
|2000||Chain of Command|
|The Art of War|
|2001||Megiddo: The Omega Code 2|
|2002||Clockstoppers||With Jenette Goldstein|
|2005||Havoc||With Raymond Cruz|
|You Are Here|
|Planet Terror||Directed by Robert Rodriguez|
|Streets of Blood|
|Take Me Home Tonight|
|The Blood Bond|
|2012||Sushi Girl||With Danny Trejo|
|2014||The Dark Forest|
|Hidden in the Woods||With Ricco Ross|
- Biehn replaced James Remar in the role of Hicks when the latter was caught in possession of illegal substances and was fired from the production of Aliens. Cameron knew Biehn from filming The Terminator two years previously, and he was subsequently cast as Hicks.
- As a result of his late casting, Biehn did not get to customise his own combat armor as the other Marine actors had done; the motifs on his battledress had already been created by Remar.
- Biehn recalled asking Robert Rodriguez during the production of Planet Terror why the director had cast him. Rodriguez responded,"I wanted to cast you because there's a certain moment in that movie where all hell is breaking loose, and I wanted to see you coming through these hospital doors, to see you bang through these double doors, and I want the audience to stand up and cheer." Biehn was dubious, but later recalled, "Anyway, we're at the big screen downtown, a thousand people, and the movie starts, blah blah blah happens, Josh Brolin's doing his thing. All of a sudden, I come crashing through the front door with a shotgun in my hand... and fucking everybody goes crazy. Everybody stands up and cheers. Here comes the fucking cavalry, which I guess I represented. Which I guess he knew I represented. That's Robert. He knew that moment was going to happen if he cast me in that role, as opposed to somebody else, I think, because of all the stuff that I had done back in the 80s I guess was kind of heroic."
- Michael Biehn at the Internet Movie Database
- Michael Biehn on Wikipedia
- Facebook - MICHAEL BIEHN
- Phoenix - Michael Biehn Archive
- ↑ Biehn's appearance in Terminator 2: Judgement Day was cut from the theatrical release, but later reinstated in the extended Special Edition
- ↑ "Strange Shapes - The Other Hicks: James Remar". Retrieved on 2013-05-13.
- ↑ "Lebeau's Le Blog - What the Hell Happened to Michael Biehn?". Retrieved on 2015-01-20.
- ↑ http://www.michaelbiehn.co.uk/