The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,187 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Amanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks unite in new comic series sequel!
Alien: Isolation Novel
Author Keith R. A. DeCandido announces new Alien: Isolation tie-in novel!
The Predator Final Trailer
Final trailer for The Predator is released!
Disney Buys Fox
Disney purchases 20th Century Fox, and with it the AVP franchise!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Wierzbowski, Crowe, Hicks and Hudson aboard the dropship.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Originally, in Alien, there was supposed to be an eighth member of the crew of the Nostromo, a security officer called E. R. Fazio. He was scripted to be killed by the fully grown Alien not long after Kane's death while searching through the ship. However, the character was cut from the film early in production.
- Although Alien is lauded as a classic today, the critical reception at the time of its release was lukewarm.
- According to Sigourney Weaver, the idea of including a ninth Ripley clone in Alien Resurrection was discussed at one point. "Ripley 9" would be, essentially, an evil version of Ripley 8. The concept was ultimately not pursued.
- Roughly 70% of the creature effects shots in Alien vs. Predator were created using suits, puppets and miniatures rather than computer-generated imagery (CGI), as director Paul W. S. Anderson wanted the monsters to be "there in the frame". However, CGI tails were added to the Aliens and the Queen as they were difficult to animate using puppetry.
- The novella Cyberantics: A Little Adventure exists both in the real world and within the fictional Alien universe — as well as being available for purchase, it is referred to several times in the comic Aliens: Hive, in which its "author", Stanislaw Mayakovsky, is a major character.
Ok. For those who haven't seen the movie, read at your own risk as this will contain spoilers.
Right as some us know, the movie was....insane, disjoint…
Read more >
My approach to Seegson has always been shrouded in mystery. Specifically the date of the comapny being founded, you know I question on why the develo…Read more >
(Updated as of 9/01/2019)
Hello yet again discerning AVP fans, this time I am listing only those Xenomorphs that I believe to be canonical or canonica…Read more >