The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 3,955 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
The Predator Trailer
The Predator gets a new, full-length trailer!
The Predator Poster
Shane Black's film also gets a poster alongside the new trailer!
An Alternate Alien3
Dark Horse Comics teases comic adaptation of William Gibson's unmade script!
Disney Buys Fox
Disney purchases 20th Century Fox, and with it the AVP franchise!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
David Palumbo's artwork for the Fire and Stone crossover.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Several elements in the film Prometheus were actually recycled from concepts rejected for Alien in 1979. These include the head-up displays inside the ground team's helmet visors and the sequence where the crew recovers an Engineer head and returns it to the ship for study (originally to involve the Pilot's head). The design of the Prometheus' bridge is also very similar to an early design proposed for the bridge of the Nostromo, which was discarded because it would have been too expensive to build at the time.
- Peter Keyes' name is a reference to the character "Keys" from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Both characters are antagonistic government agents in pursuit of an alien lifeform for study.
- The MP5A3s seen in Predator are not actually MP5s, but rather civilian-legal semi-automatic-only HK94s, cut down to resemble MP5s and converted to fully-automatic.
- Lieutenant Gorman actor William Hope voiced the antagonistic Dr. Groves in the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator and Marshal Waits in Alien: Isolation. He also provided voice acting for the Predator characters in Aliens vs. Predator, something he had previously done in Aliens versus Predator (1999) and Aliens versus Predator 2.
- Los Angeles did not actually have a subway network at the time Predator 2 was made (1990), but did by the year the film was set (1997) — the first underground metro line in the city, the Red Line, opened in January 1993.
Back in April, Titan Books released a new Alien novel, The Cold Forge by Alex White. For a long time it sat unread on my shelf, chiefly because I had su…Read more >
So Finally I get to talk about the Predator Fan App! I Honestly don't know where to start with this one because there is just so much to talk about. …Read more >
Hi, Alien: Isolation is by far my favorite Alien game and one of the best stories, for that reason I wrote a short story about how Marlow and crew fo…Read more >