|"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind!"|
"Where, man? I don't see shit."
- "As Ellen Ripley it is down to you to complete the last mission on board the Nostromo. The rest of the crew are dead. In a desperate bid to survive you must set the ship's self-destruct and attempt to reach the escape shuttle."
- ―Flyer description of the DLC
|Release date(s)||October 6, 2014|
|Rating||ESRB: M (Mature)|
Last Survivor is a singleplayer expansion for Alien: Isolation and was the second piece of DLC for the game, being somewhat of a sequel to Crew Expendable. Taking place right before the deaths of last two crew members, Parker and Lambert, Ellen Ripley must activate the Nostromo's self destruct system and flee the ship whilst being stalked by the Alien.
The DLC begins with a shot of Mother processing data and displaying the text "INTERFACE 2037 READY FOR INQUIRY. EVALUATION OF POTENTIAL PROCEDURES TO TO ESCAPE NOSTROMO." The screen then cuts to black and recalls the remaining crew's discussion on how they will take their chances in the shuttle. The screen then cuts to Ripley in the shuttle docking bay contacting Parker regarding the coolant cylinders. A short while later Ripley hears the Alien attack the two, with Ripley hearing their frantic screams. As she reaches them on C Deck, she realizes she's too late, only finding her fellow crewmembers' corpses in the room. She takes Parker's keycard from his body to unlock the door to engineering control. There, she is able to reverse a ship lockdown to access the area where the Self destruct system is located.
Escape and ending
Ripley arrives at the destination and initiates the self destruct system. The game then replicates the sequence in the original movie in which Ripley runs through the corridors of a perishing Nostromo under the duress of the Alien. As she manages to get on board the Narcissus, the screen fades to black and then cuts to a screen of the Narcissus broadcast system, with Ripley's voice being heard. She then delivers her final monologue seen at the end of the original movie: "Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo. Third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off."
As the screen fades to black a second time, an extra line of dialogue can be heard: "I'll see you soon Amanda. Be a good girl, I love you."
- Both Lambert and Parker's corpses can be found in this DLC. However, Lambert's corpse is lying on a crate instead of hanging from the ceiling. There is also blood flowing from between her legs and out of her mouth, implying a "rape" scenario that many fans have suggested. However, Creative Assembly have admitted that events of their two Nostromo-set bonus levels should not be taken literally and were never designed to precisely conform with the movies, and are instead supposed to be more of a "what-if? scenario" purely for players' enjoyment.
- After Ripley activates the self destruct system, she will begin solemnly singing to herself the song "You Are My Lucky Star", something she also did in the original movie.
- As with Crew Expendable, Jones is completely absent from the DLC.