- "Well, there goes our salvage, guys."
- ―Jernigan (from Aliens)
Jernigan was the leader of the salvage team that recovered the shuttle Narcissus in 2179. Jernigan's crew happened upon the shuttle after it had been drifting through space for 57 years following the incident aboard the USCSS Nostromo. In doing so, they rescued Ellen Ripley and undoubtedly saved her life.
On May 16, 2179 Jernigan and his team detected the Narcissus as it drifted unmanned through deep space. They immediately made to board the craft, hoping to salvage and sell the vessel and its on-board equipment. After cutting through the shuttle's hatch and scanning the interior with remotely-operated equipment, Jernigan and his accomplices, Landers and Fleet, cautiously went aboard to investigate. They quickly found Ripley and Jones alive and well inside one of the two cryotubes within, lamenting that the presence of live personnel on board meant they would not be salvaging anything.
- Jernigan is never named in the film or its novelization; his name was not revealed until the novel Alien: River of Pain.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Aliens Special Edition - subtitles - LEADER: "Bio-readouts are in the green. Looks like she's alive. There goes our salvage, guys."
- ↑ James Cameron (writer and director). Aliens (1986), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Christopher Golden. Alien: River of Pain, p. 28 (2014), Titan Books.
- ↑ Christopher Golden. Alien: River of Pain, p. 30 (2014), Titan Books.
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster. Aliens, p. 10 (1986), Warner Books.