- "No matter what happens down there, I can't bring none of that shit back home with us. Can't let it happen. And I'll do whatever I have to to see that it doesn't."
- ―Janek (from Prometheus)
Idris Janek was the captain of the USCSS Prometheus during the ship's mission to LV-223. He died after he, Chance, and Ravel flew the Prometheus into the Engineer's ship in a successful attempt to stop it delivering the black liquid to Earth.
Personality and traits
Janek is uninterested in what the domes contain, but he does care about the safety of the people on board. After finding out what the bacteria inside the urns can do, he tells Shaw to make sure nothing is brought back to Earth, while he agrees to Shaw's suggestion that, if she fails, he also shall do anything on his part to do so. Once Shaw warns the Prometheus that the Engineer has started his ship and has set course for Earth to kill all humans, Janek sacrifices himself by crashing Prometheus into the alien ship, successfully stopping it. His co-pilots decide to stay on board with him even after he tells them to go to the escape pods, demonstrating their loyalty as they go down together.
Janek seemed to enjoy playing his accordion and singing old Stephen Stills songs. He may have also slept with Vickers after he asked her if she was a robot, to which she replied to go to her quarters in ten minutes.
- According to Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, Janek has the same first name as his actor, Idris Elba.
- Janek is Polish Name
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 46 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Janek's actor's (Idris Elba) height is 6ft 2 ¾ (189.9 cm), so that is also how tall Janek would have been.
- ↑ Jon Spaihts, Damon Lindelof (writers), Ridley Scott (director). Prometheus (2012), 20th Century Fox [DVD].