Super Predator UsageEdit
Hell-Hounds are used by the Super Predator Clan to flush out their prey, the same way as a hunter would use dogs to flush out their quarry. The Hell-Hounds are controlled by the Tracker Predator. The Tracker has a whistle device that is used to call the hounds back to their master to prevent the Hell-Hounds from doing too much damage and killing the prey. If this were to happen, the Super Predators would have no prey to hunt. It was stated by Robert that the reason the "dog handler" has armor on his legs and the armor on his arms is because of the large horns and spikes that are present on the Hell-Hounds. They have a high pain tolerance and they are also very resilient, as evidenced from the Hell-Hounds' surviving many gunshot wounds which would be fatal to creatures from Earth. Several shots are required to take them down or possibly hit their vital organs. Even when being shot with a weapon like a M134 Minigun, they remain standing for a good amount of time, though this could simply be due to the inaccuracy of the wielder, as very little evidence of the creatures actually being hit is shown.
The Super Predators unleash the Hell-Hounds and watch their prey split up as they struggle to survive. They stalk their prey's every move. If their prey is injured they will whistle and send the Hell-Hounds back, they will finish off their prey either by a brutal kill or they will make trophies of them.
Biology and AppearanceEdit
Despite being called dogs or hounds, Hell-Hounds appear to be therapsids (mammal-like reptiles); they have scales and have an almost tricerotops-like appearance, but look like a canine at the same time.
Hell-Hounds bear resistance against the acid blood of Xenomorphs, as during a Xenomorph Hunt, the Tracker's Hell-Hounds "did not leave a shred of the prey intact".
- The Hell-Hounds artwork can be found on the website, showing stages in development and creation.
- The Hell-Hounds bare a striking resemblance to the Kurn from Alien vs. Predator: Extinction.
- Their role in the Film is very minor. They simply attack Royce and the other humans, before being called away, however they can be seen standing next to the Tracker after the humans escape the camp. However as Royce points out, the Hell-Hounds weren't actually supposed to finish any of them off; the Predators sent them in to study what kind of weapons and tactics the humans would use when fighting.
- Despite possibly coming from the same planet as the Yautja, they have red blood, whereas the Yautja have bright green blood.
- After the Hell-Hound's first attack there were two left.
- They also share certain similarities to Skags from the Borderlands and Borderlands 2 video games.
- The name Hell-Hound is taken from some of the films concept art.