Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"AVAILABLE DATA INSUFFICIENT"
A headset was a combination of a headphone with a microphone. Headsets were made with either a single-earpiece (mono) or a double-earpiece (mono to both ears or stereo). Headsets provided the equivalent functionality of a telephone handset, but with hands-free operation.
Headsets were used by the crew of the USCSS Nostromo in 2122, aboard Sevastopol Station in 2137 (with an integrated flashlight) and by the United States Colonial Marine Corps in 2179. Additionally, the M10 Pattern Ballistic Helmet and Head Mounted Sights used by the USCM both featured integrated headsets.
Behind the scenesEdit
Although different variants were used in both films, the headsets used in Alien and Aliens were both modified Racal Amplivox Minilites; the same headset was used in various other films, including Star Wars (1977), The Spy Who Loved Me (1977), Superman (1978), Moonraker (1979), Superman II (1980) and Demolition Man (1993).
- Headset (audio) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Harry Harris Aliens Collection & Archive: Gorman
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.harryharris.com/headset2.htm
- ↑ "Definition of Headset", PC Magazine. Retrieved on May 27, 2010.
- ↑ http://weylan-yutani.org/category/costuming/props/nostromo-headset/
- ↑ http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2909&sid=1493d7b9f3846fd43fd81ad5a4144e54
- ↑ http://www.airwaysmuseum.com/Bright%20display%201.htm