|"Seems [Mother] has intercepted a transmission of unknown origin."
Major General Gayle B. Hancock was the legendary commanding officer of the Colonial Marine Officers Candidate School in Quantico, VA during the 2160s and early 2170s. He is mentioned in the first lines of an unofficial arrangement of the Marines' Hymn (trad.) -
- "From the balls of Hancock's juniors,
- To the shores of Misery;
- We will curse our country's leaders
- 'Cross the stars, on land and sea;
- First to fight the distant corporate wars,
- Spill our blood for a sheaf of green;
- We will do or die, we ask not why,
- 'Cuz we're COLONIAL MARINES."
- ↑ Colonial Marines Technical Handbook.