|"AVAILABLE DATA INSUFFICIENT"
Specific Expansion Needed: Needs expansion on his biography section, including information from both the film and Drug War
- "Goddamn it, we came so close!"
- ―Garber (from Predator 2)
Garber was a CIA agent and member of the OWLF team operating in Los Angeles in 1997, led by Peter Keyes. Garber was Keyes' second-in-command and oversaw the actual operation to capture the City Hunter in an L.A. slaughterhouse from the team's command trailer.
Garber was one of only a few OWLF operatives who survived the disastrous Los Angeles mission. He was later killed during an encounter with another Yautja in 2022.
Explaining the situation
When Detective Lieutenant Mike Harrigan was captured by the OWLF, Garber helped to explain exactly what they were dealing with, in particular discussing the City Hunter's Cloak and how it rendered the Predator largely invisible to human sight and electronic scanning.
When Keyes elected to personally lead the team to capture the City Hunter, Garber assumed overall command of the operation, running the mission from the OWLF's command trailer outside the slaughterhouse where the trap had been set. However, when the Predator attacked the capture team, Garber rapidly lost control, unable to issue commands or assist in any way. Harrigan subsequently escaped custody and attempted to help Keyes and his men, although ultimately he failed to save any of them.
Garber later tracked Harrigan down after he had killed the City Hunter and the rest of the Los Angeles hunting party had left the city aboard their Mother Ship. He furiously confronted the detective over the fact he had killed the very creature they were attempting to capture, although before he could act further, Garber and the rest of the surviving OWLF personnel were forced to flee in the face of arriving police backup.
In 2022, Garber once again encountered Harrigan in Rio de Janeiro, where they encountered yet another Yautja. Garber was killed during the encounter by the Yautja's Plasmacaster. Harrigan would survive, with the Yautja, who had been wanted by its species, being restrained by four other Yautja and taken away.
Personality and Traits
- Garber actor Adam Baldwin went on to achieve fame as the rough future mercenary Jayne Cobb on the popular science fiction series Firefly and its spin-off film Serenity. Firefly was created by Joss Whedon, who was the original screenwriter on Alien Resurrection.
- Baldwin was originally supposed to reprise his role as Garber in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. However, when he was unable to commit, the part was rewritten as Colonel Stevens.
- ↑ Garber's actor's (Adam Baldwin) height is 6ft 4 (193 cm), so that is also how tall Garber would have been.
- ↑ Bryan Thomas Schmidt and Holly Roberds. Predator: If It Bleeds — Drug War, p. 373 (2017), Titan Books.
- ↑ James A. Moore. The Predator: Hunters and Hunted, p. 137 (1990), Titan Books.
- ↑ Greg Strause, Colin Strause, John Davis. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem audio commentary (2008), 20th Century Fox [DVD].