Carl Ellis, better known as Frank Ellis, was an inmate at the Fiorina "Fury" 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit, one of several who stayed behind after the facility was officially closed down by Weyland-Yutani. He was involved in battling a lone Xenomorph that was born in the prison in 2179.
Frank was attacked and killed whilst spreading quinitricetyline in the prison's ventilation ducts as part of a plan to trap the Xenomorph in an unused nuclear waste containment tank.
When Ellen Ripley's EEV crashed on Fiorina 161, Frank was among those who responded, climbing inside and discovering that Ripley was still alive, as well as finding the bodies of Rebecca Jorden and Turk (mistaken at the time for Corporal Hicks).
=Plan to trap the Xenomorph
Whilst ascending a ladder inside the vents, he dropped his detonator — which he had been carelessly carrying between his teeth — almost triggering the explosion early. Fortunately, it landed on a ledge without landing on the trigger. Relieved, Frank descended the ladder to retrieve the detonator—however, this distraction prevented him from noticing the Xenomorph looking down on him from above, which subsequently moved out of sight while Frank was distracted.
Frank's death and its repercussion
After he recovered the detonator, he continued his ascent of the ladder. Just as he reached the top, he was — to his shock and horror — greeted by the Dragon, which seized him and began mauling him to death. In the struggle, he dropped his bucket of quinitricetyline, which landed directly on the floor below and spilled on the surrounding surface.
As Frank was killed, he dropped his detonator, which landed directly on the trigger into the quinitricetyline-soaked floor below, detonating upon impact and triggering a catastrophic chain reaction that resulted in the deaths of many other prisoners.
In the Special Edition, Frank and Murphy dragged Babe into the prison's abattoir after her death, planning to return later and cut her up for meat for the prisoners. Unknown to them, the Dragon was gestating inside the dead ox at the time.
Personality and Traits
- The credits of Alien3 give the character's name as Frank (he is also called this by Murphy in the extended Special Edition of the film). However, Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report later revealed that Ellis' legal given name is Carl, whereas Frank is an alias.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 134 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Vincent Ward (writer), David Fincher (director). Alien3 (1992), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 136 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Vincent Ward (writer), David Fincher (director). Alien3 Special Edition (2003), 20th Century Fox [DVD].