- "Hey, son, I'll give you my authorization code. It's E-A-T-M-E."
- ―Elgyn (from Alien Resurrection)
Frank Elgyn was the captain of the smuggling ship the Betty and the leader of its mercenary crew. Elgyn and his crew were responsible for delivering several kidnapped civilians to United Systems Military scientists aboard the USM Auriga, and subsequently became involved in the Xenomorph outbreak and infestation aboard the ship.
Elgyn was in a relationship with the Betty's pilot, Sabra Hillard. Despite his status as a criminal, Elgyn operated close ties with General Martin Perez of the USM, often performing jobs for the General that could not be carried out officially by his own personnel due to their illegality. Elgyn perished aboard the Auriga in the early stages of the Xenomorph outbreak.
Aboard the Auriga
Once aboard the Auriga, Elgyn's first point of call was General Perez's office, to settle payment for the cargo of captive civilians the Betty had delivered and to secure some time in the Auriga's dry dock to make repairs. Elgyn spent this downtime alone with Hillard.
Confrontation and breakout
When the Betty crew was confronted by Dr. Wren in the recreation hall over Call's attempts to sabotage his Xenomorph cloning project, Elgyn gave the order to Christie to take out the USM soldiers present. Almost immediately afterwards, the Cloned Xenomorphs escaped from their containment cells aboard the ship and began massacring the crew. The Betty survivors elected to make for their ship and escape, taking Wren and surviving soldier Distephano hostage.
As the group wandered through the hallways, Elgyn noticed a Lacrima 99 Shockrifle laying on the ground nearby. He decided to wander off alone to take the gun, and after picking up the rifle he noticed a United Systems Military Pistol also laying on the ground further down the corridor. Upon picking it up, he discovered a suspicious slime slathered on it. Seconds later, a Drone pulled out the floor beneath his feet and pulled him in. After a brief struggle, the creature pierced Elgyn's chest with its inner jaw, killing him. His body was then left as bait to lure the other crew members into the dead-end corridor, where the Drone would have attacked them had it not been killed first by Ripley 8.
Personality and Traits
After the shootout in the Auriga's recreation hall, Elgyn armed himself with a Lacrima 99 Shockrifle. He later collected a second rifle, before also finding and picking up a United Systems Military Pistol, not realizing the weapons had been left by the Xenomorphs to lure him to his death.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 149 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Elgyn's actor's (Michael Wincott) height is 5ft 9 (175.3 cm), so that is also how tall Elgyn would have been.
- ↑ Joss Whedon (writer), Jean-Pierre Jeunet (director). Alien Resurrection (1997), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 9 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 55 (1997), Warner Aspect.
- ↑ A. C. Crispin. Alien Resurrection, p. 134 (1997), Warner Aspect.