An exoskeleton, also known as an exosuit, was a mobile machine consisting primarily of an outer framework (akin to an insect's exoskeleton) worn by a person, and a powered system of motors or hydraulics that delivered at least part of the energy for limb movement. The Caterpillar P-5000 Work Loader and Exosuit were exoskeletons.
Robotics technology accelerated rapidly in the late 21st century due to the declining numbers of available skilled workers around the world. An unfortunate result of continued viral incursions into the world populations, exoskeleton development was embraced wholeheartedly by many industries. Reconnoitering of terraforming sites remained a key use for exoskeletons in 2157, which amplified human senses and strength in a multitude of alien environments.
- Aliens/novel (first appearance; as Power Loader)
- Aliens: Newt's Tale (as Power Loader)
- Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure
- Aliens versus Predator (as Power Loader)
- Aliens versus Predator 2 (as Exosuit)
- Aliens versus Predator: Extinction (as Exosuit)
- Aliens: Extermination (as Power Loader)
- Aliens: Infestation (as Power Loader)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game; as Power Loader)
- AVP: Evolution (as Power Loader)