- "I hate this place..."
- ―Eric (from Alien3)
Eric was an inmate at the Fiorina "Fury" 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit, one of several who stayed behind after the facility was officially closed down by Weyland-Yutani. He was involved in battling a lone Xenomorph that was born in the prison in 2179.
Eric was killed acting as bait during a desperate attempt to lure the Xenomorph into the lead mold at the foundry alongside the prison.
Eric worked as a cook in the prison's kitchens. He was one of the surviving inmates who ultimately elected to act as live bait in a desperate plan to lure the Dragon into the mould at the prison's lead works facility, where it could then be drowned in molten lead; bearing a meat cleaver as a weapon, Eric was given the task of activating the piston to drive the Runner into the mold.
However, Eric started the piston prematurely out of fear, allowing the Dragon to escape back into the corridors of the lead works and forcing the few remaining prisoners to desperately attempt to lure it back into the mould before the piston sealed the access. During this second round of chasing, Eric was killed, leaving just Ripley, Dillon and Morse to deal with the Xenomorph.
In the Assembly Cut, Eric who discovered Golic sat in the prison's mess after he escaped from the Dragon in the tunnels following the deaths of Boggs and Rains. Upon discovering Golic, covered in blood and calmly eating cereal, Eric dropped his dishes in shock. The others were informed, and Clemens, Dillon, Andrews and Aaron returned to the mess hall and subdued and restrained Golic.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Unlike many of his fellow inmates, Eric appeared quiet and reserved, and did not fit in with his loud, foul-mouthed fellow inmates. He was also terrified of the Dragon, and on several occasions his fear almost led him to lose all rational control as the bait-and-chase plan played out.
Behind the ScenesEdit
Several early drafts of the Alien3 shooting script had a deranged Golic murder Eric along with several other inmates in the prison's abattoir when they attempt to flee the facility following the Dragon's escape from captivity. Golic later shows Eric's corpse to Michael Weyland and his team when they arrive at the prison.
- Eric is one of the few inmates on Fiorina 161 who are not of British descent — he is Irish.
- He is never actually seen being killed in either cut of Alien3. He is presumably one of several unidentified bodies discovered during the bait-and-chase sequence. In the novelization of the film, Ripley finds Eric alongside William, their bodies "all mixed up together", soon after piston is started prematurely.
- ↑ Vincent Ward (writer) and David Fincher (director). Alien3 [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ Alien3 (comic) Issue 1
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster (1992). Alien3 novelization. Warner Books, Inc., 136.
- ↑ "Weyland-Yutani Archives - Alien 3 Unseen: The December 18 1990 Draft". Retrieved on 2014-09-29.
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster (1992). Alien3 novelization. Warner Books, Inc., 235.