- "You always say that, Frost. You always say, 'I got a bad feeling about this drop'."
- ―Pvt. Crowe (from Aliens)
Private First Class Tim Crowe was a member of the United States Colonial Marine Corps, part of 2nd Battalion Bravo Team. He was a member of the combat unit deployed to LV-426 aboard the USS Sulaco in 2179, to investigate the sudden loss of contact with the colony of Hadley's Hope. He subsequently perished as a result of the Xenomorph infestation at the colony.
Crowe was part of First Squad's rifle team, along with Private Wierzbowski. He was killed during the early stages of the operation when the squad's Pulse Rifle ammunition, being carried in a bag to prevent its use, cooked off in a fire, causing an explosion.
Mission to LV-426Edit
During preparations for the drop on LV-426, Crowe helped to move heavy supplies around the Sulaco's hangar bay using a small motorized cart. During the drop itself, Crowe and Private First Class Frost bantered about the latter's tendency to imply that every drop was going to turn into a disaster; Frost joked that when they returned without Crowe, he'd make sure to call his parents and let them know what had happened to him. Upon landing at the colony, Crowe and the other Marines found it deserted with signs of a recent firefight. The colonists were subsequently located, via their Personal Data Transmitters, inside the nearby Atmosphere Processor.
Crowe was one of the first Marines to perish in the ambush in the Atmosphere Processor. He was killed when the bag of confiscated Pulse Rifle ammunition being carried by Private Frost was detonated by fire; the force of the explosion hurled Crowe into a nearby wall, snapping his neck and killing him instantly.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Like Private Trevor Wierzbowski, Crowe was one of the more reserved members of the unit, lacking the loud personality of many of the other Marines. However, he was still prone to cracking jokes with the troops.
Crowe was outfitted with standard issue M3 Pattern Personal Armor and an M10 Pattern Ballistic Helmet for protection, with a TNR Shoulder Lamp attachment for illumination. On his armor's chest plate, he had painted the phrase "THE BIRD", along with a wing emblem. At one point prior to the Hadley's Hope mission, Crowe had an elaborate color portrait of his girlfriend printed on the rear of his armor, but Apone quickly made him remove it as he deemed it excessive even for the loose-knit squad of Marines he commanded.
- Crowe actor Tip Tipping was a member of the SAS (Special Air Service, Britain's elite special forces regiment) before becoming an actor and stuntman. SAS personnel were involved in training the Marine actors in the film so that they could convincingly portray soldiers on-screen.
- In the novelization of Aliens, Crowe is taken alive to be cocooned during the ambush instead of Apone.
- Tim Crowe does not seem to fit the pattern of giving the Marines in Aliens the same first name as the actor portraying them — in this case, Tip Tipping. However, Tipping's real first name was Timothy and his birth name is Tim Tipping.
- Several lines of Crowe's dialogue later inspired the titles of trophies/achievements in the video game Aliens: Colonial Marines, including "Bad Feeling About This Drop".
- Aliens/novel (First appearance)
- Aliens: Book One (appears in dream)
- Aliens: Nightmare Asylum (indirect mention)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (mentioned only)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 James Cameron (writer and director). Aliens [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ Aliens: Newt's Tale, Issue 1
- ↑ Aliens: Colonial Marines - Dog Tags - PFC. Tim Crowe
- ↑ Aliens: Infestation [Nintendo DS]. WayForward Technologies and Gearbox Software.
- ↑ "The Aliens Legacy • View topic - The Ultimate Character 'Personalization' resource/thread". Retrieved on July 19, 2014.
- ↑ James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd, Gordon Carroll, David Giler, Walter Hill, Stan Winston. Superior Firepower: The Making of 'Aliens' [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster (1986). Aliens novelization. Warner Books, Inc., 74.
- ↑ "The Aliens Legacy • View topic - Ultimate Sidearm options list (general reference)". Retrieved on August 28, 2014.
- ↑ "AvPGalaxy - Alien Encounters Convention Cast Panel Video". Retrieved on 2013-05-23.
- ↑ Alan Dean Foster (1986). Aliens novelization. Warner Books, Inc., 174.
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864150/bio