- "You always say that, Frost. You always say, 'I got a bad feeling about this drop'."
- ―Pvt. Crowe (from Aliens)
Private Tim Crowe was a member of the United States Colonial Marine Corps. He was part of the combat unit deployed to LV-426 aboard the USS Sulaco in 2179, to investigate the sudden loss of contact with the colony of Hadley's Hope. He subsequently perished as a result of the Xenomorph infestation at the colony.
Crowe was part of First Squad's rifle team, along with Private Wierzbowski. He was killed during the early stages of the operation when the squad's Pulse Rifle ammunition, being carried in a bag to prevent its use, cooked off in a fire, causing an explosion.
Mission to LV-426Edit
During preparations for the drop on LV-426, Crowe helped to move heavy supplies around the Sulaco's hangar bay using a small motorized cart. During the drop itself, Crowe and Private Frost bantered about the latter's tendency to imply that every drop was going to turn into a disaster; Frost joked that when they returned without Crowe, he'd make sure to call his parents and let them know what had happened to him. Upon landing at the colony, Crowe and the other Marines found it deserted with signs of a recent firefight. The colonists were subsequently located, via their PDTs, inside the nearby Atmosphere Processor.
Crowe was one of the first Marines to perish in the ambush in the Atmosphere Processor. He was killed when the bag of confiscated Pulse Rifle ammunition being carried by Private Frost was detonated by fire; the force of the explosion hurled Crowe into a nearby wall, snapping his neck and killing him instantly.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Like Private Wierzbowski, Crowe was one of the more reserved members of the unit, lacking the loud personality of many of the other Marines. However, he was still prone to cracking jokes with the troops.
Crowe was outfitted with standard issue M10 Pattern Ballistic Armor for protection and a TNR Shoulder Lamp attachment for illumination. On his armor's chest plate, he had painted the phrase "The bird", along with a wing emblem. He carried an M41A Pulse Rifle as his primary weapon on Acheron.
- Tim Crowe does not seem to fit the pattern of giving the Marines in Aliens the same first name as the actor portraying them — in this case, Tip Tipping. However, Tipping's real first name was Timothy.
- In Aliens: Colonial Marines, Crowe's name is incorrectly displayed as "S. Crow" on his locker aboard the USS Sulaco.
- Aliens/novel (First appearance)
- Aliens: Book One (appears in dream)
- Aliens: Nightmare Asylum (indirect mention)