A series of crossover comics have been irregularly published by Dark Horse Comics, often in association with other comic book publishing companies, introducing the creatures from its Aliens, Predator and Aliens vs. Predator lines to other franchises. The line has included a number of limited series and one-shots, starting with Batman versus Predator in December 1991.
Since the birth of the concept, Dark Horse has published or co-published a total of 27 different Aliens/Predator/Aliens vs. Predator crossovers, as well as various collected editions and reprints.
In 1990, Dark Horse Comics launched the Aliens vs. Predator comic book line, a crossover between the company's existing Aliens and Predator lines, and the concept proved to be an enormous success. Inspired by this, Dark Horse teamed up with comic book powerhouse DC Comics two years later to publish another crossover, this time pitting the Predator against perennial superhero Batman in the three-issue limited series Batman versus Predator. Like AVP before it, the comic proved to be a massive success and had a huge influence on the industry, beginning a trend in comics that has seen numerous similar inter-franchise crossovers from Dark Horse, DC and other publishers since.
Inevitably, Batman versus Predator led to similar crossover comics for both the Aliens and Aliens vs. Predator lines — the Aliens first met another major comic book character in Superman/Aliens from 1995, while the Aliens vs. Predator franchise first clashed with other characters in the series Overkill: Witchblade/Aliens/Darkness/Predator from late 1999. Over the years, the Aliens and Predators have met and confronted many seminal comics characters, including Batman, Superman, Judge Dredd, the Terminator and Green Lantern. Aside from Dark Horse, nine other publishing companies have been involved in Aliens/Predator/Aliens vs. Predator crossover comic books, most frequently DC Comics.
Notably, these crossovers with outside characters are not considered to exist in the same continuity as the main Aliens, Predator and Aliens vs. Predator comics lines and are considered non-canon with regards to the Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator franchise. However, a select few crossovers featuring the Aliens/Predators have notably been deemed canon in their other "parent" franchise, forming an official part of that series' mythos and occasionally having major and permanent effects on the relevant universe.
- Batman versus Predator (Dec 1991-Feb 1992)
- Predator versus Magnus, Robot Fighter (Nov 1992)
- Batman versus Predator II: Bloodmatch (Dec 1993-Mar 1994) aka Batman versus Predator II
- Superman vs. Aliens (July-Sept 1995) aka Superman/Aliens
- X: Comeback (Aug 1995)
- Hunting the Heroes: The Predators Attack!
- Tarzan versus Predator: At the Earth's Core (Jan-June 1996)
- Batman/Aliens (Mar-Apr 1997)
- Predator versus Judge Dredd (Oct-Dec 1997) aka Judge Dredd vs. Predator
- Batman versus Predator III: Blood Ties (Dec 1997-Feb 1998) aka Batman versus Predator III
- WildC.A.T.s/Aliens (Aug 1998)
- Overkill: Witchblade/Aliens/Darkness/Predator (Nov-Dec 1999)
- Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator (Apr-July 2000)
- Superman vs. Predator (May-July 2000)
- Green Lantern versus Aliens (Sept-Dec 2000)
- Witchblade/Aliens/Darkness/Predator: Mindhunter (Dec 2000-Feb 2001)
- JLA versus Predator (Feb 2001)
- Superman vs. Aliens II: God War (May-Dec 2002) aka Superman/Aliens II: God War
- Batman/Aliens II (Dec 2002-Feb 2003) aka Batman/Aliens Two
- Judge Dredd versus Aliens: Incubus (Dec 2002-Apr 2003, original serialization) aka Judge Dredd vs. Aliens: Incubus
- Judge Dredd versus Aliens: Incubus (Mar-June 2003, collected version) aka Judge Dredd vs. Aliens: Incubus
- Superman and Batman vs. Aliens and Predator (Jan-Feb 2007) aka Superman and Batman versus Aliens and Predator
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In Space No One Can Hear You Slay! (May 2012)
- Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens: Incubus and Other Stories (Oct 2014)
- Archie vs. Predator (Apr-July 2015)
- Aliens/Vampirella (Sept 2015-Feb 2016)
- DC Comics/Dark Horse Comics: Aliens (Apr 2016)
- Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens: Splice and Dice (July 2016-Jun 2017) aka Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens
- Dark Horse Comics/DC Comics: Superman (Aug 2016)
- DC Comics/Dark Horse Comics: Justice League Volume 1 (Nov 2016)
- Dark Horse Comics/DC Comics: Justice League Volume 2 (Mar 2017)
- DC Comics/Dark Horse Comics: Batman vs. Predator (June 2017)
- Of all of the crossover comics released, only seven have been published solely by Dark Horse — Tarzan versus Predator: At the Earth's Core, Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In Space No One Can Hear You Slay! and the four issues of the Hunting the Heroes crossover event. By far the most frequent collaborator in the crossover line is DC Comics, who have co-published 11 of the comics.
- There is a notable trend regarding the conjunction used in the titles of the crossover comics — Predator and Aliens vs. Predator crossovers tend to use the more traditional "vs." or "versus" in the title, while Aliens comics have almost always opted for a simple slash ("/") in place of any conjunction.