Chopper was a Young Blood Yautja who, in 2004, travelled to Earth with his brothers Scar and Celtic to undertake an initiation hunt in an ancient Predator Pyramid under Bouvet Island. In stalking and killing Xenomorph prey, they hoped to become Blooded Yautja.
Chopper failed to slay any Xenomorphs during the ritual hunt due to his being distracted by Lex. He was ambushed and killed by Grid before he could slay the human. As he didn't kill anything, Chopper never became Blooded.
Chopper, Scar, and Celtic landed in Bouvet Island to prove themselves worthy to their clan by completing a Rite of Passage. He, along with Scar and Celtic, killed the humans stationed within a perimeter established near a tunnel leading to the Pyramid, and then proceeded into the ancient structure. They soon discovered that the human exploration team had found and confiscated three Plasma Casters locked deep within the Pyramid for a century or more. Seeing this, they planned to ambush the group, unaware that some of the humans had already been harvested by Xenomorph Facehuggers. Using their Cloaking Devices to their advantage, Scar caught Stone within a noose before killing Bass with his Combi-Stick.
Celtic captured Stafford within a net and stabbed him, forcing two out of his path in the process. Chopper assaulted Alexa Woods, kicking her across the room as she reached for a weapon to attack Celtic, who held an additional human in a deathly grip. Before Chopper could deliver a fatal blow to Alexa, however, he was stabbed through the chest by a Xenomorph Drone (who would later be known as Grid). The Alien raised Chopper to the ledge where it was hiding and they briefly faced off against each other. The Drone then dispatched Chopper with a bite from its powerful inner jaw, and threw his corpse across the chamber.
- Cloaking Device
- Wrist Blades
- Scimitar x2
- Ceremonial Dagger
- Wrist Gauntlet
Behind the ScenesEdit
The basic body suits for all three Predators in Alien vs. Predator — Scar, Celtic and Chopper — were actually poured from the same mold, before being customized after the fact to make each character appear unique. Sixteen suits were created, each painted in the same color scheme so that they could be replaced at any time if necessary. As in Predator 2, the armor was created separately as the script required it to be removed; armor pieces, made from either fiberglass or flexible urethane, were used to customize the suits and create the three different individuals. Chopper was given long Scimitars in place of the traditional Predator Wrist Blades (weapons that earned the character its name), as well as a pair of skulls mounted on top of its backpack, implying previous hunting experience. Chopper's mask featured a gilled design on the cheek areas.
- Chopper's name refers to his arm-mounted Scimitars, which are longer than the Wrist Blades of his brothers.
- A mask identical to Chopper's was on the wall of Wolf's base in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.
- Chopper was second-in-command in the Pyramid, but the first Predator to die.
- Chopper has unusual rusty-brown colored armor, whereas almost all other Yautja have grayish armor.
- Chopper is the second oldest predator in the Pyramid, younger than Celtic and older than Scar.
- Chopper is so far the only Predator to use a pair of Scimitars.
- He is the first Predator to die in the Hunt. He is also the first Predator to be killed by a Xenomorph on film.
- Chopper is also referred to as Gill due to the gill-like styles on his Bio-Mask.
- Despite Chopper having a shuriken on him, he never uses it in the film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Monster Legacy - Predator Metamorphosis – Part III: Alien vs. Predator". Retrieved on 2014-01-20.