Chopper was a Young Blood Yautja who, in 2004, travelled to Earth with his brothers Scar and Celtic to undertake an initiation hunt in an ancient Predator pyramid beneath the ice on Bouvet Island. In stalking and killing Xenomorph prey, they hoped to become Blooded Yautja.
Chopper failed to slay any Xenomorphs during the ritual hunt and was quickly ambushed and killed by Grid.
After slaughtering the members of the Weyland Industries expedition stationed at Razorback Point Whaling Station with Scar and Celtic, the three Yautja entered the pyramid deep beneath the ice to begin their rite of passage hunt. After discovering the their Plasma Casters had been taken by the other members of the human expedition, the Yautja split up to recover the weapons. Chopper eventually caught up to a group of survivors with Celtic, and in the ensuing melee prepared to kill Lex. However, he was ambushed from behind by Grid, who impaled Chopper on its tail and lifted him into the air, before finishing the Predator with a Headbite.
- Cloaking Device
- Wrist Blades
- Scimitar x2
- Ceremonial Dagger
- Wrist Gauntlet
Behind the ScenesEdit
The basic body suits for all three Predators in Alien vs. Predator — Scar, Celtic and Chopper — were actually poured from the same mold, before being customized after the fact to make each character appear unique. Sixteen suits were created, each painted in the same color scheme so that they could be replaced at any time if necessary. As in Predator 2, the armor was created separately as the script required it to be removed; armor pieces, made from either fiberglass or flexible urethane, were used to customize the suits and create the three different individuals. Chopper was given long Scimitars in place of the traditional Predator Wrist Blades (weapons that earned the character its name), as well as a pair of skulls mounted on top of its backpack, implying previous hunting experience. Chopper's mask featured a gilled design on the cheek areas.
- Chopper's name refers to his arm-mounted Scimitars, which are longer than the Wrist Blades of his brothers.
- As an Easter Egg, Chopper's mask can be seen, along with Scar's and Celtic's, in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem when Wolf retrieves his mask off of a wall.
- Chopper has unusual rusty-brown colored armor, whereas almost all other Yautja have grayish armor. It is unknown if this is an intentional design or just wear and tear from his days as a hunter.
- Chopper is so far the only Predator seen to use a Scimitars, although the Super Predators on the Game Preserve Planet used greatly extended, singular Wrist Blades that are somewhat similar in appearance.
- Chopper is also referred to as Gill due to the gill-like styles on his Bio-Mask.
- A pair of what appear to be human skulls are mounted on Chopper's backpack, indicating he has hunted on Earth before.
- ↑ Paul W. S. Anderson (writer and director). Alien vs. Predator [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Monster Legacy - Predator Metamorphosis – Part III: Alien vs. Predator". Retrieved on 2014-01-20.
- ↑ Paul W. S. Anderson (writer and director). Alien vs. Predator Unrated Edition [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.