After swiftly dispatching the human guards with a wide range of weaponry, Celtic and his brothers Chopper and Scar moved to the pyramid entrance and used his sat-com to analyze the pyramid and locate the humans. The sat-com also revealed that the humans had taken the Plasma Casters found within the Pyramid. Entering the pyramid, Celtic and Chopper began to kill the humans until Chopper was ambushed by Grid. Celtic had used his net launcher and greater strength to quickly show superiority over the less advanced race, however this all changes as the Predator faces a more suitable opponent.
After Grid killed Chopper, Celtic's attention was changed from the humans to the Alien. Celtic immediately engaged in combat with the Xenomorph drone while the humans fled. The two fought each other in the ancient pyramid uninterrupted, with Celtic inflicting some damage on Grid by cutting off the end of its tail using his wristblades causing it to melt due to the highly acidic Xenomorph blood. Celtic had the upper hand for a moment, However cutting off Grid's tail caused a slight problem for Celtic because Grid, with its tail chopped off, was able to spray its acidic blood everywhere which resulted in melting Celtic's armor plating. Celtic, distracted by his melting breastplate, quickly removed it and then turned his attention back to Grid to find the Xenomorph gone. Looking around, Celtic changed his sight vision to alien vision so he could better spot his prey. Grid then emerged from its elevated hiding spot and leapt at the Predator, but the alert hunter, using his swift reaction timing, turned around and shot Grid with his net launcher causing it to break through the floor and fall into a pit filled with bones, Humans and Predator alike. Celtic pursued it and drew a ceremonial dagger to finish the netted alien, however the alien's acidic blood dissolved the netting so the Alien, now known as Grid, could escape. Grid escaped quicker than Celtic had anticipated. It tackled Celtic to the ground and knocked away the ceremonial dagger. They struggled until Grid got the upperhand and killed Celtic with a headbite.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Celtic was a very large Yautja who could have been easily tempered by small things, like when he and his brothers Scar and Chopper were hunting the digging team on the surface, the human Quinn shot Celtic once in his shoulder pauldron with a Desert Eagle. Celtic was angered by this and pushed the human to the ground, and continuously beat the human, eventually sending him down the 2,000 feet tunnel, showing his superiority over the human. Despite his ruthlessness, he was not a dishonorable hunter, since he was only shown killing those who had attacked him in some way.
- Cloaking Device
- Wrist Blades
- Net Launcher
- Ceremonial Dagger
- Wrist Gauntlet
- Celtic is the biggest and the leader of the three brothers, with a more elaborate and distinguishable mask. Ian Whyte, who played Celtic in the film, said he tried to give the Predator the attitude of an alpha male. He and his brothers might have spent a lot of extra time training, because they have a bulkier, more muscular body than other Predators, and even the Super Predators, who appear to be taller and leaner.
- The Predator Hunter in the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator shares his appearance with Celtic. Hunter is also a multiplayer skin in the game, unlocked when players reach Rank 16.
- Celtic's helmet is supposedly inspired by Gort from the end of Predator 2.
- Celtic seems to be the most ruthless of his brothers and also gets angered very easily.
- The Celtic mask can be seen in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem when Wolf retrieves his mask off of a wall. It can be seen, although briefly, along with the Scar and Chopper helmet.
- Celtic is the first Predator to fight an Alien on-screen.
- Judging from how ferociously Celtic was fighting Grid he may have been trying to avenge the death of his brother, Chopper.