- "Marlow, you've got to see this, it's amazing!"
- ―Foster (from Alien: Isolation)
Catherine Foster was a crewmember aboard the Anesidora. She was serving on the ship during its fateful voyage in 2137 when it discovered the derelict ship on LV-426, an incident that ultimately unleashed an Alien on Sevastopol Station and led to the destruction of the Anesidora and the loss of all of its crew.
Foster was the crewmember who was attacked and impregnated by a Facehugger, and as such it was her and her husband that unwittingly started the Alien infestation aboard Sevastopol. She died when the Chestburster erupted from her chest.
Before the Sevastopol incident, the Anesidora and its crew were becoming increasingly run down, and the vessel was in desperate need of a major — and very expensive — overhaul. However, after recovering the Nostromo's flight recorder, Marlow saw the black box as his key to a major payday. Hoping to locate the Nostromo itself and salvage its wreck, Marlow had his crew access the box and extrapolate the flight data it contained. The flight data led the Anesidora to LV-426, where the crew picked up the transmission coming from the derelict ship, mistaking the beacon for a distress signal coming from the Nostromo.
After setting down on the moon, Marlow, Foster, Heyst and Meeks set out on foot to locate the source of the signal, stumbling upon the derelict. Their investigation within the derelect eventually led Marlow, Foster and Heyst down into the derelict's cargo hold, where they discovered the same Xenomorph Eggs that Kane had stumbled upon fifteen years before. Within minutes, Foster was attacked by a Facehugger.
Marlow attempted to help his wife by bringing her to the Sevastopol Station for treatment. Dr Lingard was the one to treat her. Her attempts however, were futile as the parasite had already succeeded in implanting her with a Chestburster which eventually hatched from its host and started an infestation, a Drone that came from this infestation, eventually became notorious for its murderous spree as it stalked and killed nearly anyone it came across.
Foster's corpse can be found in the San Cristobal Medical Facility. A blood trail leading to a ventilation shaft is close by.
Personality and Traits
Foster was a kind and curious woman who believed that her husband would bring them good fortune as its revealed in a log that the Anesidora crew had just been scraping by and that the discovery of the flight recorder/derelict signal was a change of luck which could bring them much needed money, something she was excited by. Foster was also very witty and also gave comebacks whenever Heyst or Meeks teased her.
- As Foster was the first person to be impregnated on Sevastopol, it has been suggested that the Xenomorph that came from her may have been the Queen responsible for breeding all the other Xenomorphs on the station (although no Queen is ever seen in game, Creative Assembly have confirmed one was present and responsible for all the other creature's present).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Alien: Isolation - Archive Log 049 - Autopsy Report
- ↑ Alien: Isolation (2014), Creative Assembly, SEGA [Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One].
- ↑ Alien: Isolation - Archive Log 134 - Technician's Report
- ↑ Alien: Isolation - Archive Log 132 - Signal Detected
- ↑ "AVPGalaxy - Interview: Creative Assembly [Post-launch]". Retrieved on 2014-12-10.