Caroline Marie "Carrie" Henn (born May 7, 1976) is a former American actress who played Newt in the 1986 film Aliens. She is the sister of Christopher Henn. Aliens was Henn's only acting performance, though she was set to appear in the cancelled fan film Alien: Identity.
For her role in Aliens, Henn won a Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor.
Henn was born to Master Sergeant Kenneth Henn, a non-commissioned officer of the United States Air Force, and nurse Roseleen Henn. Henn's father's duties led the family to relocate to England in the mid-1980s. In 1984, Henn was discovered in her school's cafeteria near her father's base in Lakenheath, England by casting agents who took a photo of her. Afterwards, she was invited to Pinewood Studios, where Henn auditioned and got the part of Newt in the film. Her family transferred once more to Castle Air Force Base by the time the film premiered.
On April 26, 2014, in the Stampede Corral at the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, the entire Aliens cast, including Henn, were reunited for the first time since the release of the film.
Henn was due to reunite with Aliens co-star Ricco Ross in the Alien fan film Alien Identity in 2015, in which she was to play Anne Jorden in her first acting role since Aliens in 1986. However, 20th Century Fox sent a cease and desist order to Sonnet Realm Films, the producers of the movie. The project eventually evolved into the original film Triborn.
Awards and Nominations
|1986||Aliens||Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor|
Young Artist Award for Exceptional Performance by a Young Actress, Supporting Role in a Feature Film - Comedy, Fantasy or Drama
- Carrie Henn at the Internet Movie Database
- Den of Geek - Whatever happened to Carrie Henn?
- Down to Earth - Aliens, Where Are They Now?, Carrie Henn : People.com
- Ten-Year-Old Actress Carrie Henn Finds Slime and—Ugh!—Kissing Creepy, but Not Aliens : People.com
- ↑ "Calgary Comic Expo: Cast of Aliens reunite and talk about groundbreaking sci-fi classic". Postmedia Network (April 27, 2014). Retrieved on October 6, 2014.