Henn was born to Master Sergeant Kenneth Henn, a non-commissioned officer of the United States Air Force, and nurse Roseleen Henn. Henn's father's duties led the family to relocate to England in the mid-1980s. In 1984, Henn was discovered in her school's cafeteria near her father's base in Lakenheath, England by casting agents who took a photo of her. Afterwards, she was invited to Pinewood Studios, where Henn auditioned and got the part of Newt in the film. Her family transferred once more to Castle Air Force Base by the time the film premiered.
For her role in Aliens, Henn won a Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor. On April 26, 2014, in the Stampede Corral at the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, the entire Aliens cast, including Henn, were reunited for the first time since the release of the film.
Awards and NominationsEdit
|1986||Aliens||Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor|
Young Artist Award for Exceptional Performance by a Young Actress, Supporting Role in a Feature Film - Comedy, Fantasy or Drama
- Carrie Henn at the Internet Movie Database
- Den of Geek - Whatever happened to Carrie Henn?
- Down to Earth - Aliens, Where Are They Now?, Carrie Henn : People.com
- Ten-Year-Old Actress Carrie Henn Finds Slime and—Ugh!—Kissing Creepy, but Not Aliens : People.com
- ↑ "Calgary Comic Expo: Cast of Aliens reunite and talk about groundbreaking sci-fi classic". Postmedia Network (April 27, 2014). Retrieved on October 6, 2014.